Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sancho Panza Sanchos
This Gran Corona is really something.  A huge cigar that demands attention even when the doors are shut (as my RA irritatingly pointed out).  The box I bought is from 2001.

The cigar started out very mild, almost tasteless.  The aroma was great, but there wasn't a lot to the flavor for the first inch or so. 

As the cigar progressed, very pleasant wood flavors started popping up.  The cigar was milky smooth...very creamy. 

A little into the last three inches, the cigar went out.  I brought it back from death only to resurrect a terrible draw.  After a few minutes, the draw became perfect again and I finished the cigar to my delight.  There were so many great flavors in this cigar, and the aroma was like honey.  

The burn was razor straight throughout the entire smoke, and every expulsion of the dark ash (except for the burnout) revealed a dumbed cone of bright orange. 

I read a review of the 2001's on another forum in which one of the members pointed out that the cigar might be in a muted phase of aging; I wouldn't know enough to confirm this for any other portion of the cigar than the first inch, but if they will get better with a few years, I'll definitely be looking forward to them.

This was a fantastic cigar.  

Construction : 19/20

Flavor: 24/25

Lighting and burn: 18/20

Overall Experience: 34/35

My rating: 95/100.  A good "A"...little pun there. 
Nice review.

This is one cigar that I have been itching to get my hands on.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Sounds absolutely fantastic.  I would love to smoke one of those, but these days I have little time to smoke a DC let alone an "A" size.  I think CA recently gave these a 94.  It must be a true treat to know that you are smoking a bit of history that won't be repeated.
great review. you're definitely lucky to have smoked an endangered species like that.