Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the second
So I had to show Holly while we were out shopping. And let me tell you, this is one of those things that a girl will go for without many questions. "you should get that" she said....Well before she thought to much about it, it was in my hands. Now I really shouldn't have spent the cash so I may have to put up a few sticks here. I am way over budget on the stogie list this month. I will post later today as soon as I get the figures together. I figure I should let go of at least 10 of them to a good home...anyway.....Pics.....

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
Confusedhock:.....while most of us are looking for one of these stick....you go out and buy a box....dude it looks great....but I wonder what you are going to give up
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
nice!

did you try any yet? Smoked one on Friday and gave a few out to friends... it was interesting. Unlike any other CAO out there although Ashman thought he tasted brazlian tobacco
if you guys can....... please please please post a review of the cigar....from what you guys have said it sounds great and unique....just hurts to not know
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:nice!

did you try any yet? Smoked one on Friday and gave a few out to friends... it was interesting. Unlike any other CAO out there although Ashman thought he tasted brazlian tobacco
Skipper, thanks for the CAO Vision.  As i suspected on Saturday this cigar does have Nicaraguan and Brazillian tobaccos in the filler. Although very good out of the box, I think with 6 months in the humidor they will be outstanding.
Does anyone have any on-line sources for these cigars? 

Or is this another Sopranos type deal?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
So Holly talked me out of selling off a few sticks. Sorry guys. But, I can get a hold of a few more sticks in all sizes as of now anyway. We all know how quickly that can change. A local B&M has them here at a very reasonalble price I think. If you guys want I can pick up a few. I believe that prices are just about: $10 catalyst 5X50, $11 epiphany 6x50, $12 Prana 6.25 x52, plus tax which is only 6% here . Maybe I can pick up another box and split it out. My cash is tight right now but I will do what I can.

I haven't had a chance to smoke any yet and I'm on the tail end of a cold now too. So my opinion wouldn't be up to par to torch one of these yet anyway. They look great in the box and smell great too (as far as I can tell). The box is just too cool and seems to hold really well at 69% now matter how many times I opened it up today just to gawk at them. I will post more photos of the box too, there is a little place in the bottom where the humi pack sits with a small plastic cover on it and a velcro strap that hold the smokes in place too when ya toss it into the travel bag. I haven't tried it yet but the humi pack looks like it may be replaceable with one of the Boveda packs.
Although there's a great chance we have the same source, I would be willing to grab up some Visions for anyone that can't find them locally.

Just PM me
Ive been looking for a box, if anyone can get me one, PM ME!! Smile

-Ben
Let me add a bit to my first impression on this cigar. It tasted more like an opus than any other CAO out there. Ashman was incredible to taste the Brazilian tobacco in there. I'm not that good. But I will say it tasted very young. It had a sharpness that I am sure will mellow with age.

Other observations:

Pre-lite: It made my lips tingle. It had a nice aroma, felt like a fairly loose roll, well made and a flawless wrapper leaf.

Light: It lit perfectly and easily. The tingle intensified a bit then suddenly disappeared.

Burn: Flawless but too fast (loose roll)

Finish: Just when I though it was going to disappoint by turning harsh (or harsher) it suddenly smoothed out and I got a very strong leather taste. A great finish.

Overall: this cigar is strong and young. I think it deserves another try in a month and maybe another in 4 months. Still, I rate this as: "GLAD AS HELL I OWN A BOX" (for you numerologists, that's like an 89)