Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perennial Plants
Aren't bleeding hearts to big? Mine all get around 3' tall. And Mtb4u, great idea, what about herbs? Basil,sage, thyme, rosemary is everywhere here and winter hardy.
A narrow box...good point, dd.

DD, do you have any magnolias on your property?
One of the Southern Gems and a couple of Japanese Saucer. The first is a native evergreen, the later, non-indigenous diciduous tree that blooms before the leaves come on.
Quote:Just thought of a great plant for a window box, Stella de Ora day lilly. Blooms all summer, 9" foilage and 12" flowers. Easy to plant and maintain, and will come back every year clear up into Canada.

That's a GREAT suggestion. And daylilies spread fairly rapidly, so one could harvest divisions to plant in other areas pretty regularly.

Underplanted with something trailing like fuschia or a variegated ivy, and it'd look beautiful.

Are we really all talking about flowers on a cigar board? LOL! I've just got a little second floor patio garden myself, but I love plants.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:
Quote:Just thought of a great plant for a window box, Stella de Ora day lilly. Blooms all summer, 9" foilage and 12" flowers. Easy to plant and maintain, and will come back every year clear up into Canada.

That's a GREAT suggestion. And daylilies spread fairly rapidly, so one could harvest divisions to plant in other areas pretty regularly.

Underplanted with something trailing like fuschia or a variegated ivy, and it'd look beautiful.

Are we really all talking about flowers on a cigar board? LOL! I've just got a little second floor patio garden myself, but I love plants.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]

I was thinking the same thing NANP. And then wondered why Rob hadn't chimed in, must be running that new vacuum cleaner. Hazel, you out there?!

For some reason Fuschia doesn't do well here. I think it's the humidity or something as it is very suseptable to some kind of mold or something. But it would look great hanging below the lillies.
i have lillies of all sorts all around...

Speaking of which, Lillies of the valley are great. They love chade, very aromatic and harty as all heck.

And yes... Rob must be sitting on his hands.