Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mom Went Home Yesterday!!!!
-PO- Wrote:Great news Mac, we will keep praying for you and your mom.  When are you head out to go see her?

What, did my mom get to you too...  sheesh!Tongue  You'd think I wasn't out there like 4 times in 90 days or something.  Honestly, not sure when I'll get back but I'm hoping it's sooner than later.  I'll be sure to post up when it's happening so I can try to entice a few of ya into making a Vegas trip.Wink

Mom went back to the hospital today but it's due to her pushing it too hard and being home so soon (relatively, that is).  Her spirits are still good and I'm happy she's trying so hard.  Again, thanks all.[cigar]
macallan2 Wrote:
-PO- Wrote:Great news Mac, we will keep praying for you and your mom.  When are you head out to go see her?

What, did my mom get to you too...  sheesh!Tongue  You'd think I wasn't out there like 4 times in 90 days or something.  Honestly, not sure when I'll get back but I'm hoping it's sooner than later.  I'll be sure to post up when it's happening so I can try to entice a few of ya into making a Vegas trip.Wink

Mom went back to the hospital today but it's due to her pushing it too hard and being home so soon (relatively, that is).  Her spirits are still good and I'm happy she's trying so hard.  Again, thanks all.[cigar]
you just have to admire her spirit and strength.  folks today get a headache and they whine.  you have to just admire from the bottom of your heart people who take everything no matter how seemingly huge in stride and keep on fighting.  more power to her.  there's definately a lesson for us all to learn there.  god bless her.
All the prayers still flowing Gunnar.  Get that lady back home soon...and tell her to just take it down to 80% for a week or so just so you can chill a bit Wink.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
congratulations to you and your mom!!!!
So I got a call from my mom yesterday at around 10:30am my time and she was just going on and on about how cool the hole in her stomach was even though she knew it was very dangerous and the fact that it didn't hurt and blah, blah, blah...   My next question, "Mom, they give you any pain killers?"  Her reply, "Oh yeah, I'm on this morphine drip and I feel GREAT.  I could use a PB&J sandwhich and some ice water though.  They won't let me eat again..."  I started laughing so damned hard and then she was laughing and then I could hear the nurse telling her to calm down and my mom telling the nurse that laughter would heal her faster and what did she know.  At that point I knew she was fine and asked her to call me later.  Her reply, "Oh I'll probably be knocked out the rest of the day.  I'm flying waaay too high right now not to pay for it!"Big Grin

Mom's doing good and she'll be home again in a few days.  No surgery necessary this time.  Just a few stitches and some more PT. 
fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She sounds like a nice lady too.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She sounds like a nice lady too.
ditto!  got to love the spunk. 
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She sounds like a nice lady too.
DITTO!!!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
DITTO!!!!

Thanks guys!  I will say this, it's funny what you miss and want to eat after 5 months of no real food.  Mother's day was 2 soft shell taco supremes from Taco Bell.Confusedhock:  Now she misses good 'ole PB&J.  I guess ya never really know what matters till ya don't have it!  I also like the fact that this means no more expensive meals on me when I'm out there!Tongue

Ponderosa here we come!Confusedhock: