Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God of Fire
OK, keep in mind this was the last of 5 or so cigars I smoked yesterday including one of those Pepin Lanceros (thanks DD) right before hand and an ESG earlier in the day (thanks Skip) but I was a little disappointed in the cigar.  Not "I smoked a Medusa" disappointed but I certainly expected more from this stick.  It was the Robusto and it started out pretty damn good.  The problem was it NEVER moved off the original flavor profile and became a little flatter in the middle.  I'd like to believe it was my taste buds calling it quits but I can't say that I believe that.  I think Mark agreed a little bit with me but I remember last year him smoking one and loving it.  Bob (Fishhound also smoked on earlier in the day).

Anyone else have any ideas/opinions on this stick?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
I don't think i've had one but i do recall Mark saying he likes them.
Never had one.
Wasn't Skipper a big fan of these?
Headley Wrote:OK, keep in mind this was the last of 5 or so cigars I smoked yesterday including one of those Pepin Lanceros (thanks DD) right before hand and an ESG earlier in the day (thanks Skip) but I was a little disappointed in the cigar.  Not "I smoked a Medusa" disappointed but I certainly expected more from this stick.  It was the Robusto and it started out pretty damn good.  The problem was it NEVER moved off the original flavor profile and became a little flatter in the middle.  I'd like to believe it was my taste buds calling it quits but I can't say that I believe that.  I think Mark agreed a little bit with me but I remember last year him smoking one and loving it.  Bob (Fishhound also smoked on earlier in the day).

I'm saving the one you sent and will smoke it in September to clebrate the end of my child support.[italy][rob]
Bluesman455 Wrote:
Headley Wrote:OK, keep in mind this was the last of 5 or so cigars I smoked yesterday including one of those Pepin Lanceros (thanks DD) right before hand and an ESG earlier in the day (thanks Skip) but I was a little disappointed in the cigar.  Not "I smoked a Medusa" disappointed but I certainly expected more from this stick.  It was the Robusto and it started out pretty damn good.  The problem was it NEVER moved off the original flavor profile and became a little flatter in the middle.  I'd like to believe it was my taste buds calling it quits but I can't say that I believe that.  I think Mark agreed a little bit with me but I remember last year him smoking one and loving it.  Bob (Fishhound also smoked on earlier in the day).

I'm saving the one you sent and will smoke it in September to clebrate the end of my child support.[italy][rob]

Now that's an event worthy of such a cigar!  I have one in the humi as well but haven't wanted to touch it yet.

Bluesman455 Wrote:I'm saving the one you sent and will smoke it in September to clebrate the end of my child support.[italy][rob]
LOL Congrats Bluesman!!
I've got 16 years to go on that one!!!
top 5 all-time great cigars!
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:top 5 all-time great cigars!
Yup! and with a couple of years they just get better and better.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
I smoked one and I must say I enjoyed every minute of it.
I shared one of the 2005 Carlito Robustos with my buddy the night he got engaged.  I thought it was a great smoke.  Solid construction and I didn't have to keep re-lighting it like I have had to do with some Opus X in the past (not sure I should compare the two, but I am).  Very much a cigar for a special time to remember.