Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best costco experience ever
I walk into costco today and notice that they have now started selling primo cigars.  I don't know about costco's near the rest of you folks but this is the first time I have seen this.  Anyway, I notice a 12 stick RyJ sampler that came with a beautifully painted ash tray for $47.99.  The only problem was I noticed the two were not packaged together, which concerned me.  I seek out the help of an employee and he tells me to take both boxes together to the register and tell them they were to be sold as one unit.  I do so and there is no problem.  Happy with my purchase, we head out and on the way home my fiance opens the box the ashtray was in and discovers that there was already a sampler packaged with the ashtray.  So now I have an ashtray and 2 samplers for the price of one.  Assuming we all know how hectic costco can be, I figured it would have been a waste of ours and costco's time to return and point out the error.  I overlooked the mistake as a problem with packaging and kept the cigars considering we were already half way home.  Whether the sticks smoke good or not doesn't really matter since my main reason for the purchase was the ashtray.  I was holding my breath, however, at the way the cashier was handling them Tongue.  Have any of you ever bought stogies from costco?  What were your experiences?
Never bought cigars from Costco.  How about a pic of your new ashtray?
Magnum PI Wrote:Never bought cigars from Costco.  How about a pic of your new ashtray
Here it is
That's a first! The Costco in NY doesnt even sell beer or liquor...so forgot about smokes....But that is EXCELLENT! Good for you!
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
lucas Wrote:
Magnum PI Wrote:Never bought cigars from Costco.  How about a pic of your new ashtray
Here it is

oooo pretty
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Good looking ashtray!!
Never checked before, was it in the cigerette cage?
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
lucas Wrote:
Here it is
very pretty.....i must have one!!!!
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
That picture doesn't do the ashtray justice.  I picked one up a year ago with the sampler and they are big!  Holds lots of fine ashes! Have not seen it at our Cstco in WA though.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
-PO- Wrote:Never checked before, was it in the cigerette cage?
Nope, they were in a large cabinet humi.  I also got some Maria Mancini Magic Mountains that were on a large palette along with some other samplers.  I am wondering if this was a one time trade-show thingy...