Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partagas 898
First off thanks to Mike for this great stogie.  I'm glad you didn't send me the PSD4

Size:  6 3/4 x 43

Appearance:  An absolutely great looking cigar.  Beautiful cap on it and the wrapper had that classic cuban color to it.  There were no flaws in it, a perfect cigar.

Pre-light:  I ran my nose by the wrapper, and the wrapper had a nice sweet smell to it almost creamy.  Clipping the stogie was easy and the pre-light draw was great and revealed a nice tangy-sweet taste....very nice.

Draw/Burn:  The draw was great all the way through the cigar, and the volume of smoke was bigger and bigger as the cigar progressed.  The burn was a little iffy, but nothing too serious.

Flavors:  In the beginning, the cigar had a very smooth creamy flavor to it.  The typical cuban flavor that i have started to grow more and more familiar with each one i smoke.  Toward the middle and end of this cigar, it started to pick up some steam.  I had a spicy pepper flavor but it wasn't overpowering, just enough to let me know it was there.  And even with the pepper flavor, it still had the hint of creaminess in it.  A real treat.
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Great review, Jesse, for a great cigar.

You're very welcome and glad you enjoyed it. [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Thanks for the great review!  Smile

Nice review FSUCool
Great review.  I've never had the 898.  Have had the PSD4 and a few Partagas Senior Coronas.  I like the flavor that Paratagas has to offer.

Jesse, any reason why you would pick this over the PSD4?
Nice review dude, next time, call me when you go for a smoke[smokin]
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
sergione Wrote:Nice review dude, next time, call me when you go for a smoke[smokin]
well do, we can walk around for 3 hours Wink
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
lets just drive

Big Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I have Mike to thank for my first 898 as well.  He hooked me up big time at the last LI Herf.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:I have Mike to thank for my first 898 as well.  He hooked me up big time at the last LI Herf.

Ditto!!

Mike got me started as my secret Santa!!Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles