Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch Royal Selection No. 12
Punch Royal Selection No. 12
5-1/8 x 42
Wrapper/Binder/Filler: Cuba
Date 07.05.07
Smoke Time: 45 minutes

Prelight:  The cigar had a nice and smooth medium caramel-colored wrapper with no visible defects or blemishes.  Aroma was leather with a barnyard twang.  Prelight draw was dominated by spearmint and had cedar undertones.

1/3:  There was an immediate wet vegetal grassiness.  The smoke was rather acrid with a tiny hint of spice developing at the back of my palate.

2/3:  The vegetal grassiness went away, replaced by hay flavors.  The smoke is still a bit rough.

3/3:  A little peppery spice developed at the top of my tongue and lips, the muted hay falvors continued.  It started to heat up a bit in the last half inch.  The best third.

Overall:  An interesting stick that certainly got better as it smoked.  The last third was the best – it is too bad the first and second thirds didn’t live up to the last third.

Intresting review...seems like this cigar may need more time to settle down a bit more
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:Intresting review...seems like this cigar may need more time to settle down a bit more
Yep, I agree...   maybe a couple more years would really do it some good.

Read up on some other reviews of this cigar.  Most reviews are from cigars with 5+ years on them and none mention and grassy or vegital flavors, which apparently will disapper with time.  There seems to be some very good potential for this cigar in the future.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]