Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Person most identified with cigars.
Some of us were fortunate enough to have a family member or a close friend introduce us to the world of cigars.  Filling our homes, cars, and on occasion offices with "fragrant, aromatic, first and second hand premium cigar smoke," to quote Rush Limbaugh.  But for most of us, we saw a picture, a movie, a television show with someone smoking, and wondered what that is like.  Having said all that, who do you think is the person, dead or alive, most closely linked with cigars?  And why do you think so?  George Burns, Winston Churchill, Groucho Marx?
Good question. I didn't have a family influence, but do remember several celeb-types.

Milton Berle
John Wayne
Clint Eastwood
Robert Conrad

i actually started smoking when my dad was going through a really rough time. he smoked, so i bought us a couple nice cigars, and shared one with him. turned out i really like it. but if i had to pick someone who in my opinion made it look cool, it would have to be tony soprano. he always made me want to try one.
Churchhill without question at least for me, at least thats the first thing that comes to mind.  Al Pacino and Fidel Castro also come to mind but the primary is Sir Winston.
Father and Uncle, lifetime cigar smokers. Remember well visiting their local cigar shop in Los Angeles with them when Cuban cigars were still legal here. 1st Sergeant in Vietnam always had a stash of Cuban cigars and loved to share.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
There you go.  You're one of the fortunate ones that had family and friends who introduced you to this.Smile
 George Burns

& my friends dad. He was a "tony soprano" in the days before gotti. He hung out at the infamous club in ozone park near howard beach and ALWAYS had a cigar in his mouth.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: George Burns

[winner]
My cousin Tony (PeeWee) always came to our house with a stoggie in his mouth.

Always wanted to try one and now I enjoy my smokes.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Mark and Joe are to blame for me getting interested in sticks.