Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I met Benji Menendez tonight!!!
Well guys, tonight a local B&M had a tasting and Benji Menendez was there.  He did his spiel about the 3 types of tobacco filler leaves (is it Vuelto, Secado, & Ligero)  We smoked a small cigar made up entirely of each type to show the different characteristics while he talked us through.  It was really interesting to isolate the different leaves and see what role they play in the blend.  Benji then procededed to sit and talk with us for an hour and a half about cigars, politics, cuba and all he's learned from the cigar industry.  This was truly an amazing time.  He found out it's my birthday and gave me a present and wished me well.  I really enjoyed an evening with a fine man from the old guard.  Hell, he still remembers life in Cuba before Castro!  Probably the most interesting thing he said was that he truly believes Castro is already dead and the regime is just afraid of what would happen if people knew so they're buying time.  It was a really interesting conversation.  At any rate, a great nite was had by all and I'll try to post some pics later.
Sounds like a fantastic night!   Looking forward to the pics...

[Image: DSCN6037.jpg]

Benji Menendez & me at Tobacco Grove

[Image: DSCN6039.jpg]

Benji explaining how the different types of tobacco play into the blend.

[Image: DSCN6044.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6043.jpg]

Some of the group listening to Benji talk about Cuba
Right on Mac, looks like it was a good time Big Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
very nice!
Nice pics, also happy birthday.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore