Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll regarding federal Cigar Tax
Greetings everyone...

The Midwest Cigar Summit has started a poll on our website regarding the proposed federal cigar tax increase.  Even the biggest cigar lover has to admit that 5 cents a cigar is a very very low federal tax.  We also don't agree that $10 a cigar if fair. 

One note, to clarify the situation, for a cigar to have a $10 tax, it's WHOLESALE price would have to be approximately $20, which means it retails for $40 or $50.  Wholesale prices are generally at most 50% of the retail price.

You can go to our website to cast your vote on what a fair and reasonable cigar tax would be.  We are in communication with legislators regarding this issue, and have invited Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) to our event to discuss this issue.  You can vote by going here http://midwestcigarsummit.com/federalcigartax.html
So has Durbin responded whether or not he would come a explain why he voted the way he did?
We haven't heard from Senator Durbin's office as of yet.  We're still holding out hope.
BigLuke Wrote:We haven't heard from Senator Durbin's office as of yet.  We're still holding out hope.

YEAs ---68
Akaka (D-HI)
Alexander (R-TN)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Bond (R-MO)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Byrd (D-WV)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Corker (R-TN)
Dodd (D-CT)
Domenici (R-NM)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Grassley (R-IA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Obama (D-IL)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schumer (D-NY)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Stevens (R-AK)
Sununu (R-NH)
Tester (D-MT)
Warner (R-VA)
Webb (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

I think he sent the answer...

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
We were hoping that he would come talk about his stance.  I told his office that we were expecting 500 or 600 very interested people.  Who knows what will happen...
Grassley (R-IA)
Harkin (D-IA)

A-HOLES!
:X
BigLuke Wrote:We were hoping that he would come talk about his stance.  I told his office that we were expecting 500 or 600 very interested people.  Who knows what will happen...
Guess that's why he won't show up?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Who knows...he has alot of responsibilities now..being assistant majority leader and what not...If he were confident in his opinons tho, you'd think he'd be salivating to get to an event like this... to talk to us dirty smokers...who knows