Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Aurora introduces a really regional cigar:
The Dominican Republic’s oldest cigar factory – La Aurora – has introduced the Excepcionales, a 5 3/4-inch by 48-ring robusto that has been produced in just 100 boxes of 50.

That’s not very many cigars to go around, so the Excepcionales will only be sold in cigar stores on the island of Manhattan – New York City!

The cigar comes unbanded and features Dominican-grown wrapper, binder and filler leaves plus a little Nicaraguan-grown leaf in the filler to add balance. The wrapper is Corojo and the cigar is full-bodied. It will retail for $13 each, plus local sales and tobacco taxes. In New York, that makes the out-the-door price a hefty $15.45 per cigar.

Michael Herklots, the general manager of the Davidoff of Geneva store at Columbus Circle, helped develop the blend while working with Manuel Inoa, the factory manager at La Aurora over the past six months. He reports that the blend was introduced last week at Fumee, a new cigar store in the Washington Heights area of New York. It’s in the center of the Dominican section of the city, so the guests were more than ready to try the new Excepcionales, enjoy some Rum Zacapa and plenty of good food
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
& worth ever damn penny too.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:& worth ever damn penny too.
Yeah, I was lucky enough to do a box split on these.  Big Grin
Skip was nice enough to send me one in a bomb....I cant wait to try it!! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Maduro PiPs Wrote:Skip was nice enough to send me one in a bomb....I cant wait to try it!! Smile
ditto!  beautiful looking cigar.