Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm going under the knife
I'll try to keep this short - I'm having knee surgery on 22 Oct.  I initially injured it in Feb 06 playing volleyball.  When I came down and landed, my knee buckled and it sounded like a cork coming out of a bottle.  I drop to the floor in pain...and tears.  I had surgery in Apr 06 to repair the tear and within 6 months, I was back in the gym lifting weights and was eventually 100% recovered.  In Oct 07, the pain came back and through ever possible means to avoid it, surgery is the last option.  I'm having a procedure called microfracture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfracture_surgery  The doc is going to drill holes in the ends of my bones in hopes that will promote new cartilage growth.  I will be out of work for 6 weeks and up to 8.  I will not be able to drive and will not be able to put any weight on it...but I asked the doc and he said yes, I can smoke my cigars Smile  As of right now, its scheduled for same day surgery but because the doc doesn't really know whats wrong until he goes in, it may be more than just the microfracture.  I will probably avoid SC for the first week or so as my friend percocet and I will be bonding.  I don't want to post anything inappropriate or for that matter, something I won't remember in the future. 

I will get back on as soon as I can after surgery as this site has become someone of a family to me.  

"I'll be here for the next week, but then out for probably a week.

- Bogey
Take good care Paul and good luck!  We will be thinking about you!
That's horrible but all surgery is. We'll keep a light on for you. You are in our thoughts.  I never quit posting as some will tell you after my night meds it gets ugly, they except me for it and that's why I love the place.

posts Before Percocet

af4tyjh2655hg7hg2g   pe4f655gl[lol]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Good luck with that Paul!! Smile

And T. is right! Keep posting, even with the meds Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Prayers sent your way man!!! Keep us updated.

Adam
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

Yes, keep posting. If you don't remember, you can look back at the posts! It'll be good therapy for you, and us too. [lol]

Seriously though, take care of yourself bro. We'll be here for ya.

[pirate2]

Best of luck to you!   [thumbsup]

[pimp]
Good luck dude, I'll be thinking of you and blowing some smoke signals up in your honor!
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Good luck Paul, good vibes sent your way [thumbsup]
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Goodluck and Ill keep u in my thoughts buddy[thumbsup]