Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Flavor
As a cigar newbie I have a question. I hear many cigars described as being creamy, hints of oak and peppery amoung other flavors. Once in awhile I do get the peppery flavor but never the others, I pretty much taste smoke, some much smoother than other. Do these flavors come later, kind of a aquired taste? I have smoked bad cigars as well as a very good cigar. I know this sounds crazy but I am curious where the other flavors are.
I am in the same boat and I have been smoking for well over a year now. I think it comes with time, and a little help. I have read a lot a guys saying that a very good way to pick out flavors to know what flavor is supposed to be there, and then picking it out while smoking it.

I guess it gives you an idea of what you are tasting besides smoke. I have tried and failed, but my buddy who has only smoked for like 6 months can pick up most flavors the guys on here talk about, without knowing what they are.
I kinda felt the same way untill i started snorking. Towards the end of the exhale, try blowing a little smoke out of your nose, definatly helps you pick out some flavors
No Justice, No Peace!