Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FYI: My Last Deal With Tinderbox.com
Here's how it went.....

Tinderbox ran a RTDA sale, listed in the retail section.

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=5990&forum_id=5

They had CAO Italia Ciao on the special for $66.99 a box. I looked at it for a day or 2. I looked a few times, going mainly to the regular CAO page, since there was some trouble loading the sale pages & it was easier to find.  It was on the special page AND also on the regular page. On Friday, I went to order it. I went straight to the regular page that showed the sale price. It also said it may be back ordered. Now I don't have much money to spend (4 kids get most of it Big Grin). So I try to make the most of what I do spend.

So I ordered the box,they took all the info, including my credit card # etc. I even got the e-mail listing the transaction. I still have it, as proof. (I've taken out my full name & address) Here it is....

[line]

Dear JAN X. RXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for shopping at Tinderbox.com.

Your order no. 053-SO6400 has been received.

Order Summary:

Item

Qty

Description

Options

Rate

Amount

CAO Italia Ciao
CAO Italia Ciao

$66.99
$66.99

Subtotal
$66.99

Shipping
$8.95

Tax
$4.56

Total
$80.50[/b]
Order Shipping Information:
JAN X. RXXXXXXXX
## XXXX LANE
XXXXXTOWN NY #####
United States
Phone: ###-###-####

Order Billing Information:
JAN X. RXXXXXXXX
## XXXX LANE
XXXXXTOWN NY #####
United States

Ship Via: 1) UPS Ground

If you would like to track the status of your order, please go to
https://checkout.netsuite.com/app/center/nlvisitor.nl?c=XXXXXX&sc=6&n=1 to access your account. Log in using the email address and password you provided during checkout.

Thank you for your business.

Tinderbox.com

[line]

Today, I come home from work And find another e-mail. I expected them to say it was back ordered. That would have been fine, but no, I got this....

[line]

Jan RXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent order for CAO Italia Ciao, but unfortunately it had to be cancelled.  That product was listed under our RTDA Blowouts page, at a special, limited-time price.  No backorder would be accepted on any items on that page, and any that were taken would have to be cancelled.  I apologize if you did not understand this policy that was spelled out on top of the RTDA page, and I encourage you to visit Tinderbox.com again, and I am sure you will find something you want. 

Thank you for your understanding,

http://www.Tinderbox.com

[line]

(Note: I've X'ed out the personal data in the e-mails)

So, this is just what happened.

I thought this was a done deal.

I just want to let others know what has transpired.

I had used them in the past with no problems. Now I'll never use them again.

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Was it on back-order from the get go?
If so, it would seem to me that they never intended to sell the cigars at that price to begin with.
Sounds like a bad deal, Tonto....although I've never dealt with them in the past, I'll definitely be skeptical of them in the future.
Yeah, I'm done with TB.  I have a local Tinderbox too, and I'm gonna let them know how this deal went down.

Just doesnt feel right...

Mason
I wonder what that new guy thinks: tinderbox.com that signed up recently?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:I wonder what that new guy thinks: tinderbox.com that signed up recently?

I only know what jsnyder@etinderbox.com thinks.

He's the person who sent me the second e-mail thanking me for understanding.

I replied back to him yesterday, telling him in part that I didn't understand.

He still hasn't answered me.

I not holding my breath waiting for it either.

If anyone else doesn't understand how they could do this, you could try asking him.

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
i dunno, jan, it sounds more like incompetence than malice. i was expecting you to say they charged you full price... that would've been rough. as long as a bait-and-switch doesn't happen...

anyways, lord knows there are plenty of other good outfits out there to get good smokes from. sorry this happened.
yeah, this pretty much sucks. although, looking at it from a neutral perspective, i can see both sides. he claims the rtda site clearly stated what was on hand is all there was, no backorders. you couldn't see the rtda site (and i'll vouch for that, stupid think never loaded for me. at all) so you went ahead and ordered from the regular site (that you could access). personally, i think i'd go ahead and make an exception if i was him, and give you a backorder. either that, or maybe something like a 20 percent off coupon, something to keep the customer happy. i can understand why you're upset, and i'll surely think twice before ordering from them again.
I was considering the Cusano 18 Maduro since it was at an excellent price...but now..forget that. They should make good regardless...it was their error. And what the hell is this line???

"[color="#000000"]I apologize if you did not understand this policy[/color][color="#000000"] that was spelled out on top of the RTDA page[/color][color="#000000"],"

[/color]
[color="#000000"]Did not understand!? Forget that.... Jan, I will chk with the boys on this size and get back to you....if ya still want them...[/color][color="#000000"]
[/color]
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
[user=309]Maduro PiPs[/user] wrote:
Quote:I was considering the Cusano 18 Maduro since it was at an excellent price...but now..forget that. They should make good regardless...it was their error. And what the hell is this line???

"[color="#000000"]I apologize if you did not understand this policy[/color][color="#000000"] that was spelled out on top of the RTDA page[/color][color="#000000"],"

[/color]
[color="#000000"]Did not understand!? Forget that.... Jan, I will chk with the boys on this size and get back to you....if ya still want them...[/color][color="#000000"]
[/color]

yeah, that "i apologize you did not understand" line is a study in passive aggressiveness. that kind of thing is for politicians and girl scouts.
hmm that sucks.  Did you get your money back at least?