Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overpaid?
So whats the most you have overpaid for a cigar just because of the location or situation? I can think of two times I have overpaid just because of where I was. Once was in Boston at CigarMasters, I paid $37 for a VSG Sorcerer but hey, it was a nice bar Tongue. The second time was in the Bahamas at Atlantis. The on site smokeshop is ridiculously overpriced but for a fiver of Fundadores I paid 180ish? Talk about ridiculous pricing! Confusedhock:

-Ben
$25 for a PSD. A shorty too.

And... (here's the punch line) it was a counterfeit!
There's a "Gentlemen's Club" in Minneapolis that's open until 4a.m. so it's a couple hours later than the bars (2am here).  We used to go there to sober up after a long nite and I would often pay 2-3x msrp for a hemingway.  But they have the best capuccino (and scenery) in town at that time.WinkBig Grin
Wait, a few months ago, Jimmy the mum & I went to a club in NY. Had a few scotches and lit up our own smokes. They said if we smoke we must buy one of theirs. We bought an ashton white-label, about 6 inches long, and maybe a 44 ring... $17 each...

the more i think about stuff the more i am hating this thread!!!
I paid $35 for a PSD no 3 (I think it was a 3) when I was in Quebec City.  That was 35 Canadian, so I am not sure how that converts to the dollar.  Most of the expensive cigars that I have smoked come from Skipper's humidor.   
I think the most I paid was $20 - $25 for a Cohiba down in Aruba at the Marriott...it was a few years ago...
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
40 bucks for a cao soprano boss. it was in a gentleman's club in phoenix, and they didn't have much to choose from, but damn the girls were nice and friendly. this was a while back, and as i recall, its also the most i think i paid for a beer as well. it was 10 dollar beer night. when i gets more expensive at the club than at the football field, there is something wrong. oh well, it was a great time, and thats all that matters!
I often feel I have over paid for any cigar I didn't like, but I paid $80 Canadian for 3 Partagas Junior Coronas - and you can't smoke anywhere indoors up there.

I have a feeling I will be over-paying a lot when I go to Vegas next week.Big Grin
I was in Istanbul a month or so ago and I saw a Davidoff Gran Cru No. 2 being sold in the hotel lobby for $85 USD.

Needless to say I did not purchase it. Why stop at $85? Why not make it $185?
Quote:I have a feeling I will be over-paying a lot when I go to Vegas next week

ohh yeahhhhh