Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark71gtx inspired me to get going on my car
After seeing Mark71GTX's post on the restoration of his car, it got me motivated.  I am getting started on my car, finally, after 5 or 6 years.  Here it is, in all of its shame.  Big Grin  Its actually in pretty good shape.  Found some bondo behind the door, and the drivers rear quarter needs to be replaced.

1962 Bel Air Sport Coupe, more commonly called a Bubble Top

[Image: 376108022.jpg][Image: 376108022.jpg]

It is pretty low.   I put on 2" drop spindles and 1" springs when I did the disc brake conversion.

[Image: 376108064.jpg][Image: 376108064.jpg]

Its got a 454 in it, so it should go pretty good.  This is the intake setup I was going to use, but I am pretty sure the hood wasnt going to close, so I sent it back.

[Image: 339574408.jpg][Image: 339574408.jpg]

I am hoping to get the front sheet metal up to be media blasted this weekend.  There are a few rust spots on the front fenders that I need to patch.  It is going to take some time, and money, and a little more money, but it will be worth it for sure.  I am planning on doing as much of the work as I can myself.
I like smoking lightning
AWESOME!!! AHHH the smell of perfume and gasoline.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Damn Carl [thumbsup]  that is sick
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Looking good Carl.  I need to get and work on mine a little now.
Man you guys are freaking handy. I'm jealous..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]