Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reps can make or break a Cigar Line...
It seems one of the FL cigar companies decided to change reps here abouts in the last week or so. How they did it was pretty cheap if you ask me. The rep gets a call from the guy replacing him and gets told "by the way, your no longer rep'ing this line, I am"... Now the guy replacing him is well known in the area, and needless to say, NOT LIKED a whole lot. I know of at least 2 stores already who are dropping the line in question just due to who the new rep is... You would think the powers that be in a cigar company may want to check around and see what a persons reputation is with the customers before hiring them... Ehhh, so goes life... I just won't be able to purchase a certian brand at my B&M after they sell out of what they have... :?
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
aracos Wrote:It seems one of the FL cigar companies decided to change reps here abouts in the last week or so. How they did it was pretty cheap if you ask me. The rep gets a call from the guy replacing him and gets told "by the way, your no longer rep'ing this line, I am"... Now the guy replacing him is well known in the area, and needless to say, NOT LIKED a whole lot. I know of at least 2 stores already who are dropping the line in question just due to who the new rep is... You would think the powers that be in a cigar company may want to check around and see what a persons reputation is with the customers before hiring them... Ehhh, so goes life... I just won't be able to purchase a certian brand at my B&M after they sell out of what they have... :?

WOW!! What a classless move!!

The cigar company must have known how that was going to go down too!! That says a lot about them.....If that's how they treat thier employees....I would have to wonder now how they would treat their own customers?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Hmmmmm...with that thought, you start to wonder about what line it might be!

(Praying it's not MY favorite line!)
I think you need to tell us which company did this.

[pirate2]
I am quite curious as well Smile
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

On this story, I know of the stores Aracos speaks of, and have had a chance to talk with a couple of reps close to the situation.  It seems that the company in question uses contract reps.  They switched contracts without telling the former rep.  He in turn found out from a store owner who had just been visited by the "new" Rep.  The old Rep called the owner of the cigar manufacturing company out of Miami and asked what the deal was.  The owner apparently said that the rep had not been aggresive enough, and a change needed to be made.  No answer was given when asked why it was handled in such a classless way.  Now, seeing as how everyone should have the chance to tell their side, I will tell you it was Ernesto Padilla who was at the center of this.  Now, in our area, the reps he chose are hated, I mean, not just disliked, absolutely dispised.  I know of at least 4 other stores that will not allow this rep within 100 yards, so it seems I'll also have some trouble getting Padillas from my local guys (then again, there is always Cbid [lol]Tongue)  I'm hoping this isn't true, and we heard wrong, but it doesn't seem that way.  It's a shame too, I was really enjoying Padillas cigars.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Funny you should mention this Matt... same thing happened out here with a company and the same results - nobody likes the new guy, and I know of at least two that run him out the door if he tries to enter...

Too bad...  they lost a hell of a guy out here...

Padilla makes great cigars, but in my experience, the man himself is fairly abrasive, just like the reps he likes to hire. Nothing wrong with it, as its how he chooses to do business, but its not the way I'd do it.
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Its sad to see it turn the direction of typical corporate practice. Fortunately, cigars still have, for the most part, a little "old world" honor to them, IMHO.