Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Warming?
Arctic August: NYC Sets Record For Coldest Day

High Of 59 Degrees Ties Chilliest August High Set In 1911

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_233143509.html
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
global warming is so passÃ...

now it's "climate change!"

(give al gore a hug. i think he's on the brink.) Big Grin
Here's a new one I just saw....Tongue

Norway's Moose Population in Trouble for Belching
[size=2]The poor old Scandinavian moose is now being blamed for climate change, with researchers in Norway claiming that a grown moose can produce 2,100 kilos of methane a year -- equivalent to the CO2 output resulting from a 13,000 kilometer car journey.
[/size]

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,501145,00.html
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Currently 55[sup]0  [/sup]F

Went out for dinner tonight and had to bust out my jacket.  Never thought I needed a jacket in the middle of August :?
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
"global warming" or not, something Is going on.
:?
Just a normal cycle...   with all our technology we are now aware of every little temperature change everywhere...thus more panic.    We cant even predict if it will really rain the next day or not (isolated rain, partly sunny...WTF!).   100 years ago, we didn't have a clue or the "recording" we have now.   Just like 50year and 100year flood plains, there are cycles that come and go.  

I'm not saying that our modern world has not caused some changes in our climate.   Walking across a huge Wal-mart parking lot in summertime certainly is hotter than a walk in the woods.   But we are such a small factor that it does not mean much.   A single volcano erupting can cause more pollution and CO2 than years of industry combined.   Its like saying my cigar smoke is melting the polar caps... I'm not even a factor.

Some days are warm, some cool, its normal.   A record low (or high) is now contributed to "climate change" where before it was cool to break a record.  

I wonder how they even figure all that.   Do they take the average temperatures of all the readings around the world?  I think its mostly spot checks where some places are hotter on average than they were 10 years ago.   They don't mention the places that are now cooler than they were 10 years ago, do they?   Junk science!
Its hotter than hell here, no relief and it finally rained for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday Sad
Grassroots Wrote:Its hotter than hell here, no relief and it finally rained for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday Sad
Not up North. It hit a low of 55 deg. feels like fall. Big Grin Unfortunatelly your weather will be here soon. Sad
ahh... but this is symptomatic of global warming. Have you checked the water temp in the caribbean? Look at the size of the storms that have been fueled by this extra heat. Dean was massive. Hundreds of miles across. This massive storm sucked down the jet stream and the cooler temps in this part of the world was the result (very simplified). Expect more of the same. Vicious storms and wild hot and cold swings in the north east.
al gore: entertainment for those of us who don't have hbo.