Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partagas Serice P #2
Great cigar, classic Partagas flavor,  milder than a lonsdale , short or Series D #4, reminds me iof the Upmann #2. I likey.
Beerlord Wrote:Great cigar, classic Partagas flavor,  milder than a lonsdale , short or Series D #4, reminds me iof the Upmann #2. I likey.
At Marks answer to my question as to weather he liked or not,I grabbed a few...........I likey.........................as well.

Great long detailed review!Tongue
I've had just one from my box of 10.

Have to agree that these are fantastic, but I thought mine was a bit stronger than any other Partagas that I've smoked... which has been a couple boxes of shorts and a box of the D4's along with a couple of Lusi's.

Interesting that you found them milder.
Perhaps due to the different box dates?
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:I've had just one from my box of 10.

Have to agree that these are fantastic, but I thought mine was a bit stronger than any other Partagas that I've smoked... which has been a couple boxes of shorts and a box of the D4's along with a couple of Lusi's.

Interesting that you found them milder.
Perhaps due to the different box dates?
could be, i think they  were from 05, i could find out for sure,they were gifted to me
Nice review.  I had one of these a couple months ago.  After I finished it, I thought, damn I should have gotten a couple more of those.  Don't know if I like it better than the PSD4, but it's a darn good smoke.
These are FAntastic cigars!! I found them to have a bit more spice than the PSD 4..05's were goooda!!

Yup, what ridgerunner said. The or boxes of 10 are smoking great right now.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
My box had a dec. 05 date. I picked up medium smooth flavors .The smoothest ISOM i've tried with less than a year of age. The "wood" flavor seemed to flatten the flavor profile for me. Can't wait to see how these PSD4's are. Have a jun. 06 box that i'll let sit till early next year.
Figured i bring up this old thread. I bought a box of these at the Casa de H. during my last visit to grand cayman, box code Sept/05. I smoked one when i got home that was approx 4/06. i was not impressed all that much and even considered selling them. I broke one out last night and man what a difference 16 months made.  This cigar has moved way up my list past the D4 , monte 2  to maybe right under the Cohiba VI . It has aged into a complex and mild smoke, by mild I mean it had a bite to it that has mellowed out , but it is not mild in body and flavor.  I'm so glad i sat on these as long as I did. A great cigar for those who can wait it out.

ditto what Roger said! I didn't like mine that much until recently. In december they were harsh, and early in the year woody. Now they are JUST turning the corner. I have a dec.05 ten count that should smoke really good by January. Don't get me wrong thou, it has good strength and balance now. You gotta love the partagas profile! Oh, and the draw was like a dream!