Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locker Etiquette?
     Last Winter, I could've counted the number of sticks I was able to enjoy from December through February.  I don't smoke in the house, and the Winter weather in PA makes it nearly impossible to spend an hour or more with a cigar.  Well, this Winter is going to be different...

I just paid a visit to my local Tinder Box.  I know, I know... I was never much of a fan myself.  However, the only other tobacconist in my area wants $120 per 3-months for a locker, and another $100 year to utilize their lounge.  Well, my local Tinder Box charges only $10 per month for a locker, and their lounge is free to use... assuming you make a few purchases from them here and there, of course.  

I've never had a locker before, but I know many here have them.  That said, is there any sort of etiquette or "unwritten rules" when it comes to lounges and/or lockers?
Sh!t.  Misspelled "etiquette" in the title.  :X
Tank and Skipper have them, IMO just put your cigars in there and smoke them when you visit there, it ain't rocket science it's cigars!!! share them with others as well,you may have something they never tried before.

[rob]
     That much, I get.  I just wasn't sure if there was an understood policy against having ISOM's in your locker, or if it's in poor taste to bring smokes from your personal stash instead of filling your locker with sticks purchased from the shop itself. 

EDIT - I like that avatar, Bluesman!
Pete Wrote:Sh!t.  Misspelled "etiquette" in the title.  :X
Really?? Wink
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Really?? Wink
Thanks [thumbsup]
Pete Wrote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Really?? Wink
Thanks [thumbsup]

Haha, made me look! I was wondering what you were talking about.

[pirate2]
[user=1188]Pete[/user] wrote:
Quote: I just wasn't sure if there was an understood policy against having ISOM's in your locker, or if it's in poor taste to bring smokes from your personal stash instead of filling your locker with sticks purchased from the shop itself. 

Yes.

It depends on the lounge, but in general, keeping Habanos on their premises puts them in an awkward, risky position legally.

Many places that offer lockers have a buy here, store here policy because of beetles . . . all it takes is one infested box to wipe out an entire wall of lockers!

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Many places that offer lockers have a buy here, store here policy because of beetles . . . all it takes is one infested box to wipe out an entire wall of lockers!
      Never really thought about it that way, but it makes perfect sense.