Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Memphis Home of Tha Kaank
tafdom Wrote:Thanks for the welcome.  I sure hope I can learn something here about this nasty expensive habit I started.  I guess there is no such thing as a top 10 cigar since everyone’s pallet is different.  I think I probably made a mistake picking up as many as I have just going by some cigar sites grading #s. Live, smoke, and learn I guess.  I have read so much that contradicts itself, I don’t know what the hell I’m doing, and I’m more confused than when I started.  I can’t believe I have to wait at least a year to smoke some of the opus from the tins and boxes I picked up.  Thanks again, T

First off, [welcome]  Sounds like you'll fit in just fine around these parts.  Enjoy!

Secondly, you've gotta try each and every last stick for yourself to see if you like it, right.  There's really nothing to know.  Just smoke what ya like and like what ya smoke.Wink 

Oh, and why in the hell would you wait a year to smoke an Opus?  I like 'em young as well as aged.  See when they're young they have a li'l more spice and kick you in the teeth goodness.  They just mellow and become more refined with age but that's no reason to ignore a nice young fresh Opus.  I say go for it!

And again, welcome to the group.  I liked the intro song/poem.Cool
Welcome to the gang Terry
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Thanks Mac! Everything I have read has been to age them. I have even read 2 to 3 years. Thanks again for the info, I think I'll burn one this weekend.  Thanks again, T

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

What is the stogie rating? Thanks, T

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

It is your personal rating given by the comunity.
How does it work and what does it mean?  Thanks

Welcome.  I frequent Memphis, you got a fav shop there?
Out of the 4 shops here "all dives", EVERYONE is a jerk. When I started I went into this shop looking for the CAO Vision. He told me they were $19.26 a stick and $75.00 for the box.  That is why I think I need to open a shop.  How far are you from Memphis? Let me know when you are close,and we can hook up. I really can't travel because of my back. Thanks, Terry

Right now I live in temporary corporate housing in Collierville, and work in Memphis. Moving to Germantown in mid-October.

We're thinking about doing some kind of Halloween event. Maybe a poker night?
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
i'm a wee bit late on this one, but welcome aboard none the less!