Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It finally happened
Well my fiance told me that if I didn't have a job by the time we were married, she would call it off.  But we've put enough into this wedding that it would go on, even if I had to drug her up and wheel her in on a hand cart.
So anyway Wednesday night I get a call from a staffing agency about a Test Engineer job here in Iowa working for Case New Holland.  I didn't get a chance to look into it before I went to bed however. 
So Thursday morning my mom wakes me up and says I have a phone call (I was half awake, and yea I live at home but only for 2 more weeks! I'm not really an epic loser!).  Its the guy from a bicycle shop in town that I've been talking to about possible employment. 
Well I interviewed there today, Friday and he wants to hire me!

It's no engineering job, but at least I would be doing something I would enjoy doing, unlike getting some crap job at bestbuy or target again.  I would be trained (retrained from what I already know I guess) to assemble new bikes and do repairs and whatever else they want me to do.
So that plus the job that Robyn and I are taking managing an apartment building that her friends parents help run which would give us free rent and utilities and $100 a month, makes it seem like things are finally shapping up for my life.   Oh and getting married in two weeks!  Confusedhock:
Seems like someone is looking out for me.  Smile

So unless I hear back about this engineering job, I believe I will take this bike shop job.  Only thing I'm really worried about is it would be even more time out of college NOT doing engineering.  But at least I'll have a job.
Congrats on the job, Ryan!

it's about time, kid! Wink
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Congrats!!! are you talking Hogs or Huffy's?.
Congrats Ryan, seems like life is starting to heading in the right direction. Enjoy everyday of the ride it a short one and when you look back at the time you spent at the bike shop. The time around when you first got married they, may reflect some of the happiest times in life.
Congrats Ryan!

Ain't it funny how things work out?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Time to change your occupation on your profile
Congrats man!
BTW... did you ask for the day off so you can get hitched? Wink
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:BTW... did you ask for the day off so you can get hitched? Wink

Yea.  He asked if I wanted to start before or after.  I work just a few half days before hand.  He also said I need to take a honey moon so yea, working on that. 
Wink
Bluesman455 Wrote:Congrats!!! are you talking Hogs or Huffy's?.

Bicycles.  Good bicycles. 
Not Huffy's.  Tongue