Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOLY FUC*IN' SCARE, BATMAN!!
admin Wrote:Anyone hear from M4M lately??   Any updates?   He has not been on since the 9th!!   I hope everything is ok!
Ditto
i hope all is well man. that sucks!
sorry, folks..I am here and all is well. Cassie is healing quickly and beautifully and we have had responses to the letters I sent out. I sent 25 letters and we heard from the director of the ER who actually strted the job AFTER our experience which is cool -- she's a newbie and has something to prove...is gonna wanna make some changes. She was very apologetic and assured us that they were following up. She said the case has been pulled and they will be investigating and keeping us informed. The following day, the President and CEO of the hospital called. He said he was extremely disturbed by my letter and explained that every complaint letter enters the "patient complaint tracking system which is the preliminary stage of the internal process. He said that our complaint had already entered that system and in addition, he was so sickened to learn of our experience that he immediately contacted the director of quality care and the chief nursing officer as well as the ER director. He said that they are in the process of speaking with everyone who had anything to do with the case and they will remain in close contact with us with details and updates. I feel really good about that. So...this all happened within 2 days of my mailing the letters...maybe someone out there does give a sh*t! Celebratory smoke, anyone??[cigar]Big Grin
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
mad4maduro Wrote:sorry, folks..I am here and all is well. Cassie is healing quickly and beautifully and we have had responses to the letters I sent out. I sent 25 letters and we heard from the director of the ER who actually strted the job AFTER our experience which is cool -- she's a newbie and has something to prove...is gonna wanna make some changes. She was very apologetic and assured us that they were following up. She said the case has been pulled and they will be investigating and keeping us informed. The following day, the President and CEO of the hospital called. He said he was extremely disturbed by my letter and explained that every complaint letter enters the "patient complaint tracking system which is the preliminary stage of the internal process. He said that our complaint had already entered that system and in addition, he was so sickened to learn of our experience that he immediately contacted the director of quality care and the chief nursing officer as well as the ER director. He said that they are in the process of speaking with everyone who had anything to do with the case and they will remain in close contact with us with details and updates. I feel really good about that. So...this all happened within 2 days of my mailing the letters...maybe someone out there does give a sh*t! Celebratory smoke, anyone??[cigar]Big Grin
M4M, I am truely sorry that you had to go throught that bad experience in a time of need for you daughter.  Spending 12 years of my life 9 as a paramedic and 1 working in ER and the remaining 2 as a phelbotomist I wish you had a better experience.  It does happen, just goes to show you that it was meant to be that she be transfered for the best care possible.  It does not happen everywhere but it does happen.  I am glad to hear that she is doing well and that mom and dad are doing well themselves.  I have been through a tramatic experience with my daughter as well from the day she was born til she had her open heart surgery so I do feel for you from one father to another.  Best wishes and prayers sent for her to get back to the norm.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
[user=211]mad4maduro[/user] wrote:
Quote:So...this all happened within 2 days of my mailing the letters...maybe someone out there does give a sh*t! Celebratory smoke, anyone??[cigar]Big Grin

I am SO very happy to read your update!  I read your first announcement about what had happened to your daughter to my 21yos, who was so disgusted by it all that he was wanting me to request permission from you, for him to broadcast the atrocity of what happened to your sweet baby girl to the vast realms of cyber-space.  We're both very glad that the hospital administration is seeming taking this seriously and are avowing to keep in contact with you.  Becareful though still, because it could all be a very good PR/CYA ploy, though I still have a little hope that there is still compassion in a few people, yet won't be holding my breath.  THANK YOU for checking in with the forum!
Glad to hear all's well on this one!  Let's hope that staff learns from their mistakes and all future patients benefit from your horrible experience!
wow m4m, I'm glad your daughter is ok, and hopefully the hospital will follow through the way they are saying they will. 
Glad to hear your daughter is ok and things seem to be getting sorted out!
I've never understood why the ER takes so long!!
lz6 Wrote:Cassandra will be in our prayers Eric as will you and your wife. God's speed brother.
ditto sir.