Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help "Name That Shop"
There are way to many talented guys on this site that have extensive cigar knowledge and background.  I have never even been exposed to a shop bigger than a 1000 to 600 sf Out of the 4 we have.  Please give it your best shot and help to come up with a  name that suites the passion of what you do and love. If you want to include the name Ferrari, maybe not.  After we have a name, then you can move on to chose a theme, type, or setting I have never seen a cigar bar. Music, there is lots of music here. A stage, tv lounge.  What setting would you like to go to smoke, the perfect cigars and hang out?  You guys have forgotem more than I have ever known. Thanks for your help and input. Terry Antonio Ferrari

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

[user=879]tafdom[/user] wrote:
Quote:There are way to many talented guys on this site that have extensive cigar knowledge and background.  I have never even been exposed to a shop bigger than a 1000 to 600 sf Out of the 4 we have.  Please give it your best shot and help to come up with a  name that suites the passion of what you do and love. If you want to include the name Ferrari, maybe not.  After we have a name, then you can move on to chose a theme, type, or setting I have never seen a cigar bar. Music, there is lots of music here. A stage, tv lounge.  What setting would you like to go to smoke, the perfect cigars and hang out?  You guys have forgotem more than I have ever known. Thanks for your help and input. Terry Antonio Ferrari

Terry, I'm tryin here, but what exactly are you asking above? I've read it a few times and I dont quite follow. Are you looking for help in naming a cigar store you want to open? cigar bar? combination?

Or are you just wanting to get a name that suites cigar passion?

Mason
I have to get out of the work I am in and want to open a shop. So, yes, yes and yes. Thanks for the read man.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

The name means little. Look at J&R, Barclay Rex, Mom's or any of the hundreds of successful stores you probably already know of.

What counts is inventory, customer service and price.

In my opinion, that is the order of importance too.

Inventory, a poorly stocked humidor is the fastest way to go out of business. Customers love to browse and having a solid selection keeps them browsing and impresses them.

Customer service is important too. You are competing with the internet stores. What will differentiate you is costomer experience and making him feel like a friend.

Price, well, that's obvious. Especially with internet stores selling every stick you will offer for cheaper. Cant make to too much of a difference.

I'd add location on the list a distant 4th

For location I'd open a shop next to Skip's house. HAHAHAHA
A name like FREE CIGARS would bring a lot of people in.
1.  open up next to mark's house.

2.  put up a big sign in the window that says, "Cigars".

3. Count your profits.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:1.  open up next to mark's house.

2.  put up a big sign in the window that says, "Cigars".

3. Count your profits.
Don't you mean "Cigha"