Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas
My supplier is making a bit of a fuss about these coming back in to supply. I have never had one, and am keen to hear if any of you good folks have tried them and what your thoughts are regarding them. I have a box on order and most of all need to know if these gain a lot with age, have a long sick period or are better smoked after a rest period.

Any opinions are gratefully received.

Dave.[cigar]
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
One of my absolute favorite morning/after lunch smokes Dave! I buy 'em in cabs of 50. A stellar overlooked cigar by most smokers. I will take any you may have left off your hands should you not like them.  Also, the recently released PL lonsdales are fantastic.  And I am looking forward to the upcoming UK release of the long missing vitola from the 50's the "Magnificos" for the collection. The Magifico sponsors have even gone so far as to reproduce the original PL band from the 50's in all it's various shades of gold and copper. Coming in November in boxes of 10 and 20 and will cost as much as a couple of car payments no doubt. Sad
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
I just received a box from 07 myself and have been letting them mello a bit, I'll try one this weekend and let you know what my thoughts are.
Thanks guys, its a cab of 50 I have bought, at a very reasonable price, so I'm looking forward to trying them out, more so on the recommendation of uncle Bob.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
There are a few reviews to be found here.

http://www.cigars-review.org/Por-Larrana...oronas.htm
Examples from my apr06 cab where just, okay young but with a little time have gained some strength and body. Still not ready thou
I remember smoking one while in the Caman Isalands and liked it back then. However, I purchased it in a smoke shop and new nothing about the age of it.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I smoked one yesterday from a recent 50 cab that I purchased. They are from April 07.

My thoughts on this cigar were, nice mild to medium cigar making it a good morning lunch smoke. Had lots of nice flavor, just a hint of ammonia. I feel that they will be really nice with a little age.
Thanks guys, I appreciate your opinions, I just need to sit and wait now.
I really enjoy these.  I've had a cab 05 resting for about a year.  Had one a couple days ago and they taste like caramel, althought subtle, with great Cuban flavor.  Perfect with coffee or early afternoon on the porch....or anytime for that matter.  I find that these usually don't stay around on the shelves for too long.