Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Plata Magnifico 10 aged
La Plata Magnifico 10 year aged (I left out "year" in the title)

Alittle info on this stogie and the line "La Plata" before my actual review, La Plata is the house blend that is at the B&M that me and Serg spend some of our Fridays. The cigar is called Magnifico and it's last production was back in 1997, 10 years ago, so one Friday I decided to smoke this cigar (which is only available in Corona size) and I was amazed with it. This was my third time around with this one cigar.

Size: 5 1/2 x 42 Corona

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Appearance: Pretty tasty looking wrapper, Dark Natural covered a bit in "plume". The wrapper was a bit rough but nothing too serious that will dock major points. The band is simply, nothing too extravagant.

Pre-light: Clipping was simple but I did have to be careful since it was a small ring gauge, I didn't want to cut it wrong. The pre-light draw seemed alittle tight but it let up while smoking and the pre-light flavors reveled some nice leathery and earthy notes.

Burn/Draw: The burn was spot on all through out this cigar, nice and sharp, practically perfect. The draw, tight at first, eased a bit and was pretty damn good; it unleashed nice clouds of smoke that lingered for some time when I blew the smoke out. The aroma had a spiciness to it, AWESOME.

Flavors: Right off the bat, the first puff seemed to have a perfect combination of heavy earth and leather notes with alittle spicy hint to it. This went on for the most part 2 inches into the cigar, after that the spicy hints became more and more combined with the with earthy/leather notes. And toward the end of the cigar (around 2 inches left), the spice took over alittle bit and the earth/leather gave way to it, kinda sad to have it fade in the end, maybe it's because of the time it's been aged. Overall this is one great stogie that I will most likely smoke again and again.

And I will have to send this out to some ppl Wink

P.S.
I feel so young now having smoked a cigar that was last made when I was 9 years old Confusedhock:
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
nice review there KID, sounds like a very intriguing cgar!

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Nice review!  I love corona sized cigars.  I really think it's a great vitola to do reviews from.  A nice concentration of flavors and still able to produce a good amount of cool smoke.  Now, on to the business.  How much are the damned things?Big Grin
I was lucky enough to receive one of these from the Pickle.  Been saving it.  Think I may have to fire it up this weekend.Big Grin

By the way, where are you smoking that thing?  I hope you are careful . . .

[Image: pred.jpg]
Magnum PI Wrote:I was lucky enough to receive one of these from the Pickle.  Been saving it.  Think I may have to fire it up this weekend.Big Grin

By the way, where are you smoking that thing?  I hope you are careful . . .

[Image: pred.jpg]

no worries, I bet thats the only vegetation within 30 miles of his house Wink

TomC
Nice review Jeebus, The ash on that cigar looks very nice. Looks like Tom has found himself an apprentice.
fishhound Wrote:Nice review Jeebus, The ash on that cigar looks very nice. Looks like Tom has found himself an apprentice.

yep took that boy under my wing from day one.

I prefer to call him:

94d4w4n 8334tch, myself!

TomC
Magnum PI Wrote:By the way, where are you smoking that thing?  I hope you are careful . . .

LOL

The only thing i would have to worry about in my backyard is chickens Big Grin

The plant is actually sugar caneSmile
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
ColbyPants Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:Nice review Jeebus, The ash on that cigar looks very nice. Looks like Tom has found himself an apprentice.

yep took that boy under my wing from day one.

I prefer to call him:

94d4w4n 8334tch, myself!

TomC

yup, Tom has been encouraging me to review ever since I joined SC.

(i never did approve the nickname TongueWink)
Pollo???  wtf?  the chicken ran off with my stogie!!