Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A real live lesson on Himidification
Friday night MikeD & Fishhound came over for some smokes. As we sat at my patio furniture, everything we owned was getting drenched. No it wasn't raining, and no it was NOT more humid than it was during the day. What had happened was the temperature dropped. It happened to settle in at the dew point. What that means is the air was at or slightly over 100% humidity. So there was not enough energy to support the moisture in the air so it condensed. On everything.

This is not unlike how a cold beer gets all sweaty on a hot summer day. The mini-environment around your glass suffers form the same phenomenon described above.

Water will remain a vapor only if there is enough energy to keep it a vapor. Other wise it turns back to water. Rain.
Awesome lesson. I wondered how it had not rained and my garage floor looked like someone turned a hose on it and had standing water. That has happened about 15 times in 20 years. That is so cool, Thanks

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.