Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gout
MikeD Wrote:I just had 2 attacks recently... last week it was my right ankle, this week was my left.
I always keep extra colchicine on hand just for times like these.

I know it sucks, Jimmy... I feel your pain

Tonto and Mike D know the routine. It never ends, really painful, can't even sleep with a sheet on your toe / ankle. You hobble to the bathroom and keep peaing.  Once the colchicine kicks in (about 24 hours) you start to feel a lot better, however, the side affect of the colchicine are the s.h.i.ts.

Yea, I started feeling better about 2:00AM this morning.

Thanks for the kind words. Starting to walk better now..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Damn, hope this gets better very soon for you! 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Black Cherry Juice, no additives from a health food store. Drink concentrated on mixed with water. BCJ counters the uric acid in your body and tries to restore the PH balance in you....which is what gout is.....an imbalance

Used to be just a rich man's disease....you all that loaded!! lol whoop whoop gOTTA lay off the lobsters, pheasant,crustations, caviars and expensive ports!!

Seriously get well soon

VEGASVIXEN06 Wrote:Black Cherry Juice, no additives from a health food store. Drink concentrated on mixed with water. BCJ counters the uric acid in your body and tries to restore the PH balance in you....which is what gout is.....an imbalance 

Interesting....I didn't know that BCJ was good for gout.

I've heard it was good for arthritis/joint inflamations, and gout attacks the joints, so I'll have to look into that.

Thanks!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I thought Cranberry juice was the choice?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:I thought Cranberry juice was the choice?

I don't remember the reason, but no. (I could be wrong though...)

I think it was good to help prevent UTIs, not stones. I think it was because of the Oxylates (sp?) in it.

Mac might know the correct answer...
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles