Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blowing smoke out the nose
Bulz Wrote:I really started exhaling through my nose after a trip to the Camacho factory 3 or 4 years ago.  I dont know how I ever tasted a cigar or judged it's strength without my nose.

Did Christian teach you that?

Christian Eiroa, president of Camacho Cigars has made the following comment: “Unless you have blown smoke out through your nose while smoking a cigar, you have never really tasted the cigar.”

I've only tried the SLR from Camacho and it was like burnt rubber threw the nose. :?
Ginseng Wrote:Interesting, informative article.

Once learned, the technique becomes second nature. Alas, describing how to do it makes the process seem much more complicated than it really is in execution.

One thing I'd like to add is that the article doesn't mention a variation on the technique that allows one to expel through the nose even the strongest of cigars without crying. This is "dilution."

When doing this with mild cigars, I find that I can pump the smoke straight from my mouth out through the nose. This concentrated stream provides the maximally concentrated dose of smoke and flavor components to the sense organs.

However, many cigars, especially younger cigars and Nicaraguans that are blended to provide more power (i.e. more ligero) cannot be nasally expelled easily without a lot of irritation.

To handle these cigars, I first make sure I have a lungful of air before I begin expelling through the nose. I then start by exhaling from my lungs through my nose and then slowly "bleed in" the smoke held in my mouth. This dilution is helpful in two respects. First, it can make even a very strong cigar tolerable. Second, with cigars that have a dense or complex flavor profile, I've found that dilution gives me a longer time of exhalation/expulsion to sense and decode the flavors.

Give it a try.

Wilkey
It's great to have Wilkey here! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007