Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were they thinking??
STATE OF WASHINGTON

"Majority Democrats passed a bill this year to give new parents $250 a week for up to five weeks while they take time off from work, starting in 2009. Running the program will take a computer capable of processing 36,000 claims a year.

An early cost estimate for the system is $18 million, a major factor in the high cost estimates for running the program that have surprised some legislators

State computer projects are complex and expensive, as well as notorious for finishing late and over budget."

o.k....  Our state democrats feel it is important to give money to anyone that wants to have a baby. WTF?  I feel that if you want to have babies then make sure you have enough money in the first place.

So... $250 per week for 5 weeks is $1250.   X 36,000 claims is $45,000,000.
A YEAR!!!

Then another $18 mill to fix the freekin' computer.  But what about all the new state workers that need to be hired (wages and benefits) to handle all these claims?  Many more millions.

Gosh, I guess I'll just have to let them increase my taxes again and again.

Common sense gets thrown out the window with the bath water again! IDIOTS!
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
Sadly, leftist Cali started this program this year. Paperwork is handled by the unemployment insurance office. Needless to say rates went up, absolutely not a [curse] clue in the both the senate and the assembly here.  Sad
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Another example of government getting bigger
It needs to be overthrown but how?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
another example of how to allow low-lifes yet another reason for bringing in more babies and benefiting financially.

Freaken dumocrats.

Personally I think we should have a program that pays $$$ to any family of child-bearing age that does NOT have a child. hey, I got it... why not remove the children dependant until they go to school!!!! (once they are in school they really are a dependant). This way people are motivated NOT to have children (unless they can afford it). People are motivated to make sure the children they do have go to school. & the gov gets more money.

Wow... win win win!
They have a program similar to that in China. They charge you for having more then one kid etc.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Anybody who is $1250 short of what it takes to have a child should not have a child.