Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pipster finally getting a cabinet!!!
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:you will regret this decision. (I just called you).

I cannot imagine that drawer sealing. If it doesn't seal it will drain the rest of the cabinet.

Also, those double doors are not going to work. They get close to each other & that's their seal. No foal or anything. No vertical support to close against. This thing is a disaster in humidor design.

The aristocrat comes with all sorts of options including wood or glass on any of its doors or tops. Heck they will even custom etch any glass for you (imagine this on your glass door:

[Image: msm_sign7.jpg])

And dont forget the set & forget!!!! INCLUDED!

CALL ME!
Skip, you sound like your trying to stop someone from committing suicide. LOL

Mario, don't do it. CALL ME!

Seriously though, Mario. Skip is right. If you don't want to go for the extra cash now then I would just build another coolerdor.
Nice looking cab Mario! I'm sure you'll have that puppy full in a jiff!

I would recommend an active humidifier. There are several out on the market. The Oasis, and the Set-and-Forget system both work well. There is also the new Hydra Electronic humidifier, which has components that can be added on, like fans.

Thanks for sharing,

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
I stand corrected...   I didn't look closely enough at the pic before posting...     You definitely be want to sure that you have a perfect seal on the doors and drawer...     Active humidification would of course be better - I thought you were going to try and see if you could get by with beads, etc first?   In any case...   Definitely look at Aristocrat!    Standard pricing includes either glass or flat panel wooden doors...  there is an extra add-on if you want raised panel doors.

If you call Bob, he may even have some trade-ins or something - well worth looking into, but be warned...   get something far bigger than you think you will ever need!

I just had to edit this due to my being so rude!  First off, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the cab club!Wink

If I may weigh in here, I'd have to agree about not getting the one you were looking at and I have many reasons from experience.  Now, as many of you know I had my cabinet custom built to MY specs.  I worked with the builders for 3 weeks before we got what I thought would be the best design down and it took another 3 months for it to get built.  In the meantime I used my coolerdors and was just fine.  I used coolerdors to save my money up so I could get exactly what I wanted.  Look at it this way, you're (hopefully) only gonna do this once.  Don't you think it's worth the extra $$$ and effort to do it right? 

I'd consider the words of wisdom being doled out here heavily before making a final decision!

Oh and I'd like to throw in the best endorsement I can for those set and forget's (they're Avallo I believe).  They're the best!  I have one in each of the upper and lower units. 

sergione Wrote:Me and you both know Mario that that humi will be filled before you place the order.....hahahaha......just get your walk-in today!
He already has one......it's called Atlantic.....Big Grin Tongue Wink
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Nice cab Mario, you will fill it quick seeing your posts. LOL I would go with an active for sure. I can help you with an Oasis or the new Hydra Electronic that have accessory fans and are so cool. You can add up to 3 fans. I have some due next week to test.   Let me know if I can help you. T

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Hi Guys!

First I appreciate your comments and thoughts! I just started asking about a humification device and then get all these comments concerning the humi and seal, etc.....just shows how great BOTLs you all are. Everyone looks out for each other and shows their concerns.

Now as much as I appreciate your advice and concerns, I didnt have intentions on going ALL OUT and dropping $2k+ on a Stabell. Maybe one day. But I wanted to do a nice end table humi without dropping some serious coin. Even though I can, its just not priority at the moment. Even though I will be stocking thousands of dollars in this humi, just think that I currently have this stock in rubberdors where the seal is a joke AND it holds a steady RH more than my other humis and the cigars are perfect.

Now I have seen this cab in person at Atlantic and it is a beautiful piece. The price on this table is ridiculous for what you are getting. It weighs 100lbs. SOLID. The entire inside is made of cedar. The top drawer is open underneath so there is only one need for a device which will run the whole thing. Now let's speak about the seal. IT IS SOLID. This pic may be deceiving....one of the owners of Atlantic owns one and loves this model and says the seal is perfect. There is some sort of lip design with the doors and draw to provide an excellent seal.  I will be testing this of course.

There is NO WAY I am comparing this to an Artisocrat....it cant compare....but without that comparsion, this is a solid cab on its own. I know you guys hold Stabell as the holy grail and you are right....cause it is...lol. But unless any of you own this particular cab and can confirm issues with it, I think we are not giving it a fair shot.

So that is my peace on this matter.....I will be checking out some of the electrical active devices that were mentioned...

Thanks again!
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Well, since you have seen the unit in person, you are the one with the best idea about it IMHO.    Sounds like the design is good with the bottom drawer open to the bottom to the humidification will get in there.   Soundss like the doors may be designed like mine - one side has a lip (that I close first) so that the second door has something to close and attach itself to.

Sounds solid and like was was built from good materials - GO FOR IT and ENJOY!

MaytagMan Wrote:Well, since you have seen the unit in person, you are the one with the best idea about it IMHO.    Sounds like the design is good with the bottom drawer open to the bottom to the humidification will get in there.   Soundss like the doors may be designed like mine - one side has a lip (that I close first) so that the second door has something to close and attach itself to.

Sounds solid and like was was built from good materials - GO FOR IT and ENJOY!

That's exactly right Bill....one door needs to close first to ensure the seal.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
mario-

check out this humi system

http://tampahumidor.com/sd4/product/hydra-electronic-digital-cigar-humdifier-3396.cfm

i think it looks sweet. might be worth a shot. however, if you decide that the oasis is the way to go, by all means please send me a pm. i have 2 sitting in my antietam, and i'm pretty sure i would only need one.