Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARGH!
This weekend I enjoyed a pretty good day on the water. One of my crew was strapped for cash. Another was my son, so I figured what the hell and paid for everyone. Shortly afterwards they told me to keep the fish. I only wanted the good stuff so they kept the bluefish. I had pounds of huge porgy, blackfish and seabass (only fitting as I put most of them in the cooler Wink )

Anyway, by now you are wondering why this is in the infirmary... Read on (those of you I have not already lost)

OK, I sent Debbi an e-mail form work yesterday telling her of my plans to cook the fish.She asked about a side dish I told her my collard greens was growing like weeds so I had that covered.

I get home early just to cook. The first think i do is run out to the yard and start picking greens. About half way through I realize I have more then enough. I grab a few tomatoes for a nice fresh tomato salad and as I turn to leave there are a bunch of pebbles stuck to the bottom of my bare feet (a common occurrence in my yard which is landscapped with planters, a deck and more pebbles than mcdonalds sold hamburgers). Not wanting to leave them all over my cement walkways I shake them off as I always do. 3 things to consider. 1-it was getting dark. 2-I was rushing. 3-I'm getting old and my eyes are failing... I shook my foot right into a landscaping tie.

So... I cooked, I moaned and I ate.

This morning I got up after a fitful sleep and I realized my 4th toe would need a shoe of it;s own if I went to work. OK, I knew it was broken but I began to wonder if something else was wrong. 8am I am in the hospital. 10:00 I am waiting for xray and wondering if I should leave cause I was there so long I healed!

11:00 x-ray. 11:15 the doctor comes out and says: "Mr. A... You broke your toe"

I'm thinking I knew that yesterday. She then goes on to say a nurse will check me out. A nurse appears around 10 minutes later with this fugly poor fitting boot & hands me a script to go see a doctor. OK, I thought going to a hospital was like or better than seeing a doctor. So I came home and ate lunch. Frig this crap. Tape and my fugly boot will get me through the week.
Whew!!What an ordeal!Hope you get to feeling better Skip.
Sorry to hear about your toe Skip(I know it really hurts!)  What is the moral of the story? Don't do the hokey-pokey in the dark?:?
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
broke a pinkie toe when I was in high school, felt like an idiot walking around on crutches.
So how was the fish? Guess you're not having sex with that toe anymore?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Ouch, sorry to hear about the toe.
ouch.  feel better john.
Man it was so much easier when we were kids, hope your feeling better soon.
Sorry to hear about that Skip! Sad

You should see your Doc, if only to make sure it sets OK.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Hell getting old. I'm 54 going on 70 and can't work, thanks to my back surgeon.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.