Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fauxhiba Chronicle~
Mark Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:
MikeD Wrote:Boar...

you are a braver man than I to have smoked that thing.  Besides, why would you waste your time with it anyway?

Nevertheless, your review was quite entertaining [cigar]
Hmmmm.... Mikeeey.

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=5151&forum_id=3&highlight=medusa
Was it really necessary to bring that up Bob!
Sorry, I know painful memory for you.
v
v
v
v

Funny as hell for me.  [lol]
[lol] a cohiba barber pole! perfect!

awesome review. reminds me of my debacle in panama. sucked it up, took one for the team, and published by shameful findings here for general education purposes. Big Grin
A great primer on counterfeit bands. And I have to agree... great review. A lot of fun to read.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I had the pleasure of getting my hands on one of these as well a while ago from my br-in-law I believe.  Didn't have the heart to tell him it was a fake.  I went with the, "I'm gonna save this for the super special occasion it deserves".  A buddy of mine asked if he could smoke it when we were down in Florida last year for the Orange Bowl.  He didn't seem to mind it but he smokes about a dozen cigars a year and was bombed outta his mind at the time.  You're a braver man than me NANP.  I wasn't planning to go near that stick.  It was fun to travel with and show to people as a fake though.

Nice review.Big Grin
fishhound Wrote:
MikeD Wrote:Boar...

you are a braver man than I to have smoked that thing.  Besides, why would you waste your time with it anyway?

Nevertheless, your review was quite entertaining [cigar]
Hmmmm.... Mikeeey.

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=5151&forum_id=3&highlight=medusa
[doh]  D'OH!
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Awesome review.  That was hilarious.

I know a guy who keeps handing out the worst fake cohibas as gifts.  One of the nicest guys I know, and none of us wanted to be rude and tell him they were fakes, we just thanked him for his kindness.  After a while, I felt like someone should tell him, so that he wouldn't keep throwing his money away.  Poor guy, he swears they are real and that 'his guy' would never sell him fakes.  I still have one of the fakes.  I will post a pic soon.  They are the worst.

Yeah Magnum... it's amazing isn't it? Claims of: "my sisters husbands uncle is Cuban" is supposed to seal the guarantee. Seldom do I tell the person gifting it to me that it's a fake... unless they got it by way of one of those gifts.

NANP... Why would you smoke that thing. You now the intent on this was to deceive. How far does the deception go? Maybe it was oregano in there...

Great review. So good in fact I'm glad you didn't get the real deal!!! Tongue
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but here is an example of a Fauxhiba recently gifted to me.

IMHO, Cohibas are among the best constructed cigars.  You get what you pay for.  Check out the foot on this one.
I tried to get a close up of the band.  I didn't do a great job, but the bottom row of squares are actually only half-squares.

Just holding the cigar, it feels as if it will fall apart in my hand.