Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A small victory
Could this be the start of something good for us?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/goingoutg...night.html
Awesome find and a big WIN. Thanks

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I'm glad to see somebody actually made this appeal process work.  When I first heard about the exemption and how "impossible" the process was I thought, "that'll never happen" but perhaps there's hope yet!  Y'know, at this point I'd just like the government's to offer smoking licenses much like alcohol licenses are given out.  They could control where and how many are in their city but at least we the smokers would have somewhere to go!
macallan2 Wrote:I'm glad to see somebody actually made this appeal process work.  When I first heard about the exemption and how "impossible" the process was I thought, "that'll never happen" but perhaps there's hope yet!  Y'know, at this point I'd just like the government's to offer smoking licenses much like alcohol licenses are given out.  They could control where and how many are in their city but at least we the smokers would have somewhere to go!
The problem I see for some establishments is that they might have a problem actually producing records showing a drop in business. As I'm sure a lot don't claim all revenue.  Most business owners I've known only show a minimal amount of cash profits, which would make it harder to show a loss of business.
Nice.[party2]
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
fishhound Wrote:
macallan2 Wrote:I'm glad to see somebody actually made this appeal process work.  When I first heard about the exemption and how "impossible" the process was I thought, "that'll never happen" but perhaps there's hope yet!  Y'know, at this point I'd just like the government's to offer smoking licenses much like alcohol licenses are given out.  They could control where and how many are in their city but at least we the smokers would have somewhere to go!
The problem I see for some establishments is that they might have a problem actually producing records showing a drop in business. As I'm sure a lot don't claim all revenue.  Most business owners I've known only show a minimal amount of cash profits, which would make it harder to show a loss of business.

Good point, The chain restaurants won't do that and the small business guy probably doesn't think it's worth the time and or effort or might not have the knowledge to go through the paper work.

Nice find Bob.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I just like the idea there may be hope out there.  Time to rebouble our efforts, guys!

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool