Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudy = cigars
While the no smoking laws were passed in NY under Rudy Giuliani, Rudy also amended the law to allow events such as the big smoke to take place. Further, every time I have been there, he was there as well. (Also, he was at table 1 at a Marvin Shenken celebration 2 years ago at the Waldorf. (yep I was there too Tongue )

Anyway... some cigar stores (such as Twins) recognize this and are doing the right thing!!!

Cigars with Rudy

Upcoming Events
www.joinrudy2008.com
Greetings!
Please join us in welcoming Rudy Giuliani to Twins Smoke Shop to benefit the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee. Saturday, November 24, 2007, 8:15PM - 9:45PM.
$500 per person, cigar reception and photo opportunity
$200 per person, cigar reception

click here to download invite!
www.twinssmokeshop.com/RUDY.pdf

Kurt Kendall

Cigars with Rudy
A Cigar Reception

You are cordially invited to a cigar reception with Rudolph W. Giuliani. To benefit the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee. Rudy is against the federal tax on tobacco, it would be a great time to talk to a presidential candidate about something that concerns us all!
Twins Smoke Shop
128 Rockingham Rd
Londonderry, NH 03053

Saturday, November 24, 2007
8:15pm - 9:45pm

$200 per person, cigar reception
$500 per person, cigar reception and photo opportunity

For more information and to RSVP please contact:
Shahla Seaborn - 646-943-7821 - fax 646-274-9803
ShahlaSeaborn@joinrudy2008.com
Lou Cardello at Louis_C@hotmail.com
click here for PDF form!
www.twinssmokeshop.com/RUDY.pdf
Skipper, I thought it was Bloomberg who push through the smoking ban in NYC?

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a former smoker himself, pushed through the ban with a zeal that angered smokers and even some nonsmokers. He stood firm even when an incensed smoker wearing a Superman suit showed up at City Hall carrying a 12-foot-long ersatz cigarette and a sign threatening him.

Health issues are a priority for Bloomberg, a billionaire who once donated $100 million to Johns Hopkins University.

"Fundamentally, people just don't want the guy next to them smoking," Bloomberg said. “People will adjust very quickly and a lot of lives will be saved.”

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
there were a series of bans. Remember when you could smoke in your office? An elevator? Heck, when I first joined ML I used to smoke in my office on Liberty Street. The overall in door ban was Under Rudy's watch. I remember that he made allowances for the big smoke. As to why the ban happened at all, I suspect it was due to pressure from the state.

Now that I think about it, the indoor ban on smoking in NY was started by NYC but not at the state level. Therefore smoking was permitted in the Javits center and grand central which is technically state property. Then NYS passed the law.
Wasn't Grand Central the only place you could smoke at one time. That one bar, what was it called, The Oyster bar?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Wasn't Grand Central the only place you could smoke at one time. That one bar, what was it called, The Oyster bar?
yup... State land, did not belong to NYC.
YEP, real nice of him. You think it has anything to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.