Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO CX2 Review
I first had this cigar earlier this summer for the first time and I loved it!  I found it to be my best companion on the golf course.  In my quest to continue with this cigar I got my a hands on as many samplers as I could find and they accompanied for many a round on the links.

Fast forward to December 4 and I have not smoked one of these since August.  The samplers I obtained sat nicely in my humidor until tonight.  With all the great cigars that I now obtained, tonight I just had to have a CAO CX2.

For my nightcap smoke I decided on the 5x52 Robusto.  I had forgotten how damn good this cigar is.  As of late I have found my love for fuller bodied cigars.  Mellower cigars have taken to a liking on my palate but this one again did not fail to disappoint.  This cigar is medium bodies with a hint of spice but in my opinion not even close to a full body.  I know the ratings do not have this cigar in the 90's but that does not deter me from making this a Top 7 cigar for me.

Prelight:  Smells good as always.  The greatest joy was plucking it out of my new Antietam.  Come to think of it, this is the first cigar I smoked after sitting in the new humidor.

Burn:  Excellent burn for the most part.  I had to touch up twice but no big deal.  I got a nice ash although not as pretty as some cigars I have smoked.

Draw:  No problems!  Nice draw and lot's of smoke!

Taste:  Again, I don't care about the aesthetics of ratings.  Taste is a preference thing and what other's don't like I just may.  To me, this CAO CX2 is one of the best tasting cigars out there.  I catch a nice, sweet, creamy flavor in the clouds of white smoke.  

I recently read about perceptions of taste and types of taste.  Through this education I believe I have found a touch of floral in this cigar.  Let me compare this cigar in an apples to oranges comparison.  The Carlos Toranos Reserva received a 92 rating and a mild flavor and body.  I cannot smoke this cigar because to me its bland, not at all a bad taste, but not enought strength.  The Reserva leaves me hanging and wanting more.

The CAO CX2 gives me excellent flavor with enough boldness to satisfy my yearning for it.  Mind you it is not fuller bodied as some smokes and at times I crave that, but the CX2 provides a nice smooth cigar that one needs at times.  Not at all full bodied but just enough body!  Now half an hour after finishing this cigar I have a nice pleasant taste still lingering on my palate. 

If anyone has not tried this cigar I encourage you to do so.  I really cannot imagine anyone not at the very least enjoying it!  It may not be your favorite but its one that is nice to have on occasion.  Again, I especially love it for golfing.

To me a 5 star rating in not untouchable.  I have a few of my favorite sticks that I give 5 stars.  I give the CAO CX2 a 4 out of 5 stars rating.
Very nice and descriptive review Tank! I to used to love the cao line, hence the screen name. The Mx2 and Cx2 were some of my favorite smokes. Then I started getting into fuller bodied smokes. I might need to pick up an old favorite and see how I like them.
I have only ever smoked one of these, it was OK'ish, and have one in my humi from when they were first released way back whenever ........... so it probably needs to be set on fire and with a bit of luck will have aged nicely as opposed to faded away dissappointingly as is often the case with CAO gars.

Fingers crossed on this one at the weekend.

Great review Tank. I always measure a good review by it making me want to go and smoke the stick I have just read about.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Great job again man!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.