Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pepin article in CA
Pepin was asked to blend the perfect cigar in his head.

He said it would be a combination of cuban-seed tobaccos grown in Nicaragua and Cuba.  "The wrapper would be from Cuba.   The binder leaves would be from Nicaragua.  For the ligero tobacco in the filler, he would use two types, one from Esteli and the other from Jalapa in Nicaragua.  The other filler components, seco and viso, would come from Cuba, the former from Villa Clara, the latter from Pinar del Rio."

"That cigar would score 100 points" says Pepin   Smile
This is a great article.  I would love to see more articles about Pepin.  I have found a few cigars that I am beginning to really like.  I come to find out that they contain Nicaraguan tobacoo.
US_Tank Wrote:This is a great article.  I would love to see more articles about Pepin.  I have found a few cigars that I am beginning to really like.  I come to find out that they contain Nicaraguan tobacoo.
Ditto,I like all Nic. puros.
Pepin is an absolute master!

[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
Robbie Wrote:Pepin is an absolute master!

Do we have any new/younger guys rising in the industry that look promising. Most are from the old country and getting older. I would like to see a top ten list of the master blenders. That would be an awesome thread. Somebody needs to work on that.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I believe Fuente, Padron, and Pepin have offspring in the business?
Christian Eiroa of Camacho Cigars is in his mid Thirties...

That's the first one that comes to mind, probably because I've got to call him in the morning
There are a number of younger people in high ranking positions or who own their own companies, but they don't actually MAKE cigars, just market them: Robbie Levin's kids (Ashton), Padilla, Pete Johnson, Erik and Eddie of 601, those are a few that come to mind.

Jose Oliva is a true cigar maker and he is relatively young (under 40).  The Toranos always have younger family members stepping up to the plate.  For the most part, though, the younger people in the business usually aren't actual blenders...