Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmie the Mum
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:oh god, I forgot what frank did but once again he pissed us off (and trust me I had plenty of reason to be pissed at him... for one, when I left Merrill Jim tried to hire me back as a consultant, Frank rallied the forces and bigwigs against me and stopped it, but only for a short time (Jim's bigwigs were bigger).

Anyway, back to the story. It was late at night as Jim & I often stayed to get work done (and lets face it, work was more fun that going home). We wandered into franks office and found the door unlocked. We hunted and hunted for something mischievous to do, then it came to us. We got a fresh tuna fish sandwich (I don't recall from where), we removed one of Franks drawers form his desk, put the sandwich in and put the draw back.

Now at this time I don't think Frank was near Jim any longer, but we often fantasized about frank every once in a while sniffing and saying wtf is that damn smell!

As far as we knew it was in there for months.
 Yea, by that time, my office was moved around the corner from him which is why we did that.

These stories go back 17 years or so and memories need to be jogged slightly. Skipper, it was there for weeks until Frank finally called maintenance (something about a rodent problem).

My turn next, Skipper remember the late night phone call to his house? I'll do that one later.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
and then...

Now I never had anything against Jim, but what's a practical joke between friends...

Without any intent, one day I was going through my old christmas cards to see who sent and who didn't for the current year & what do I find? a christmas card from Frank and his family. Better yet, it's a photo card and machine printed saying simply "merry christmas form the Palm****s" The wheels start turning and I grab a blank envelope, address it to Jim and send the card off as if Frank sent him a card.

I pretty much forgot about that when one day Jim comes to me and says "you wont freaken believe who sent me a card". I look anxious to hear who. Jim blurts out "effing Frank... and a picture card of his whole effing family". I look shocked and ask to see it, he says he will bring it in tomorrow. But, his delema, Jims wife wants to send them a card now... it's only right. Jim says something like "Donna, if you send them a card I will never talk to you again" (that wasn't the threat, but there was a threat). I advise Jim, "wow, I see your problem, but dont you think you should send him a card? Maybe he is trying to bury the hatchet". Jims answer was short, sweet and only 2 words..."eff that". Man, he was pissed. The next day he brought in the card I looked shocked and laughed my arse off, of course Jim thought I was simply laughing at his delima. I told him, wow, Jim, that's a nice card, maybe you should send him a picture of your family, or a gift. LOL, I dont recall his response but you can bet it was colorful.

Well, before he sent anything to Frank I told him what I did. He was silent for about 2 minutes and promised about 3 times a day for over 30 days that one day he would get even.

II can only imagine if Donna sent them a card back, then they would go through the same thing and eventually send Jim & Donna a card. Jim's head would have blown off at the prospect of getting 2 cards form Frank.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:and then...

Now I never had anything against Jim, but what's a practical joke between friends...

Without any intent, one day I was going through my old christmas cards to see who sent and who didn't for the current year & what do I find? a christmas card from Frank and his family. Better yet, it's a photo card and machine printed saying simply "merry christmas form the Palm****s" The wheels start turning and I grab a blank envelope, address it to Jim and send the card off as if Frank sent him a card.

I pretty much forgot about that when one day Jim comes to me and says "you wont freaken believe who sent me a card". I look anxious to hear who. Jim blurts out "effing Frank... and a picture card of his whole effing family". I look shocked and ask to see it, he says he will bring it in tomorrow. But, his delema, Jims wife wants to send them a card now... it's only right. Jim says something like "Donna, if you send them a card I will never talk to you again" (that wasn't the threat, but there was a threat). I advise Jim, "wow, I see your problem, but dont you think you should send him a card? Maybe he is trying to bury the hatchet". Jims answer was short, sweet and only 2 words..."eff that". Man, he was pissed. The next day he brought in the card I looked shocked and laughed my arse off, of course Jim thought I was simply laughing at his delima. I told him, wow, Jim, that's a nice card, maybe you should send him a picture of your family, or a gift. LOL, I dont recall his response but you can bet it was colorful.

Well, before he sent anything to Frank I told him what I did. He was silent for about 2 minutes and promised about 3 times a day for over 30 days that one day he would get even.

II can only imagine if Donna sent them a card back, then they would go through the same thing and eventually send Jim & Donna a card. Jim's head would have blown off at the prospect of getting 2 cards form Frank.

lol, you know John I still have that picture but I don't think it would be right to post it here.

PM sent
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
OK, I'll do it... LOL
The funny thing about that whole story was:

I was so upset that I though Frank sent me the card that I never really looked at the photo. By then his kids had to be (what Skip) at least 7 years older from the photo?

Of course, you reminded me of that after I calmed down. I saved that picture because "You just never know".
Honorary Shield Brother
Another Frank Tale:

The Phone Story:

Skipper, myself and this other guy (Ross - we call him the dog) and his wife Mary were all out after work  roaming the New York City streets and bars.

Ross is a Irish man but one that can't hold his liquor. He's always getting into fights or even picking a fight with me (his boss). Anyway, to cut through some stuff. We are all drunk, feeling no pain.

Now Frank, we all believe was having an affair with a co -worker (Dorene), not that there's anything wrong with that but it's another thing for us to do something to Frank.

So while in an intoxicated state, someone decides that we should have the Dog's wife call Frank. Mary said no problem. So we prep Mary on what to say. Skipper had Frank's home phone number. Here we are on a NY street corner after 1:00AM dialing a public phone calling Frank's house.

Frank picks up the phone in a very sleepy state, "hello Frank, you don't me bit I'm a friend of Dorene's and she told me to give you a call because your good in bed and like to cheat on your wife"

Well Frank went nuts on the phone: He kept yelling: "HANG UP, I'm telling you to HANG Up the phone now"

We are all laughing so hard, I mean it was really funny. Finally Mary says "Frank, why don't you hang up the phone and tell your wife I said HI"

Honorary Shield Brother
you know, I'm sure by now some of you are thinking, man, sounds like Jimmie and skipper really busted on this poor guy Frank.

Frank was a worm. And what we did (& this was all of it) was ultimately harmless (he didn't pay for the clubs, the tunafish stopped smelling after 2 weeks, his wife never knew, etc etc etc). But on the flip side, yes he was having an affair. I went on a business trip with them once and walking down the hall at 7am one morning I passed by Dorene's room as she was leaving, apparently just to get her work stuff. The bed was made/pristine.... and Frank was only too happy to provide the details... but this is not what earned him the worm title. Frank loved to fire people. And he did so often. He also was a talented liar and did this often too, often to the detriment of others. He would fabricate harmful stories to keep others around him in jeopardy, I had 2 women working for me that didn't get along, Frank thinking he could do a better job at managing this than I was doing met with them... Within 3 minutes (no lie) they were at blows with one another. Of course when he went to the guy in charge, it was all my fault. And he was constantly trying to get Jim's group under him and his motive was to fire Jim. He tried to convince ML that they didn't need him and could save on his salary. (thankfully Jim had friends in high places). Dorene was his crony. The rest of the group was pretty good. Jim & I are much alike (except I dont drink much beer, now... got any whisky??!!)

Also, we were young, full of piss and vinegar (and often alcohol too)