Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of the Tatuaje Artistas
Well a few minutes ago I made a review of the Ashton VSG Robusto.  In summary I spent a wonderful night with my little brother smoking, drinking, watching some TV and dwelling into some of our other hobbies in my garage.

My second cigar of the evening was my first forage into Tatuaje.  My little brother smoked a CAO America.  He is into the sweeter flavors of cigars.  He usually does not smoke a cigar unless he is with me.  Before my review here are some pics of the amazing ash that he obtained with the CAO America.

[Image: IMG_3011.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3013.jpg]

Now to my review of the Tatuaje Artistas 6.125x52.

Appearance/Construction:  This is a Pepin made cigar but for some reason this cigar was slightly frayed at the foot.  Inspection of my other cigars in the humidor did not show a consistant pattern.  Maybe this occurred during shipping a few weeks ago.  As I clipped the head I had some flaying there also and I had to work throughout the smoke to keep the wrapper from upwrapping.

Burn/Draw:  The fairly even throughout the duration of the smoke even though the wrapper was in disarray.  And the draw not difficult.

[Image: IMG_3014.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3015.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3019.jpg]

Taste:  This is the first Tatuaje I have ever smoked.  Although flaying issues loomed greatly, it did not affect the flavor of this cigar.  In reviewing today I cannot really recall a dominate flavor.  I guess this is good.  My palate detected a slight spice and rich smoothness.  The flavor undertone was that of earthiness.  From my understanding the brown label is stronger.  I greatly enjoyed the taste of this red label Tatuaje and if the brown label is more full bodied I am sure I will like that one too!  With the smoothness of this smoke I can see it becoming a regular staple in my rotation.  Not that I can afford to spend anymore money on cigars.  But I might just have to acquire a sampler and progress from there. 

In summary, despite the construction flaws, I love the flavor of this cigar.  Overall experience I give the cigar 3.5 out of 7 stars but I will make subsequent reviews in the future.

Between my little brother and I we smoked four cigars last night.  He had the Anejo #55 and CAO America while I smoked an Ashton VSG Robusto and this Tatuaje Artistas.  With all this time we had on our hands we also dwelled into some of our other hobbies together and I thought I would share.  So while we smoked cigars, we played with a few other toys of ours:

Here is a green laser we just installed on my AR15 while smoking my Tatuaje in the garage.  It look so damn cool I just had to add a pic:

[Image: IMG_3030.jpg]

Tank, nice review!

I'm surprised to see how nice the ash was on that CAO America....after seeing how many issues some other members here had with theirs. Maybe I'll finally light up one of mine ot see for myself how it acts.

As for the Tat, sucks that you had such problems with the construction. I know what you mean to have a cigar that falls apart on you, but you still loved the flavors...I hope the next one you try keeps it together a bit better!
Well, I guess thats why I'm glad they aren't machine rolled. I'm surprized it doesn't happen more from human error. Must have been a friday rolled stick. LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

JoeBob Wrote:Tank, nice review!

I'm surprised to see how nice the ash was on that CAO America....after seeing how many issues some other members here had with theirs. Maybe I'll finally light up one of mine ot see for myself how it acts.

As for the Tat, sucks that you had such problems with the construction. I know what you mean to have a cigar that falls apart on you, but you still loved the flavors...I hope the next one you try keeps it together a bit better!
I too had great luck with the CAO America.  Excellent ash and a sweet smoke.  Literally sweet tasting.  The draw was a little tough but I finally had to let it die out 2 hours and half way through the smoke.
I smoked a Tat the other day and didn't have any problems with the construction. It was from the Holt's sampler. The CAO America I smoked just didn't draw good but hopefully on 7/4/2008 it will be fine.

Daryn, in the last 2 days you spoke about 2 cigars and both of those I mailed you before you talked about them. There's a sixth sense going on.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:I smoked a Tat the other day and didn't have any problems with the construction. It was from the Holt's sampler. The CAO America I smoked just didn't draw good but hopefully on 7/4/2008 it will be fine.

Daryn, in the last 2 days you spoke about 2 cigars and both of those I mailed you before you talked about them. There's a sixth sense going on.

LOL Jimmie!  Must be that Stogie Chat comradery!  I got the Tatuaje from  online  recently.  Just bought the single and I would love to try again.  The Tatuaje had a pleasant flavor to me and I can't wait to try again.  Ironically, I just ordered a few more singles of this from Eric at the Partysource yesterday.  He managed to help me knock off most of my list.

I do love the CAO America so thanks.  I made a review of it in one of the CAO America threads.  Many seem to have issues with taste but I thought it was sweet as candy.  As with you my draw was a little firm also.  After two hours with the America Landmark I still had half the cigar left.  She burned ever so slow! 
[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote: 
Quote:In summary, despite the [color="red"]construction flaws[/color], I love the flavor of this cigar.  Overall experience I give the cigar 3.5 out of 7 stars but I will make subsequent reviews in the future.

Constrution flaws? I think the term "construction flaw" is an understatement in this case. Confusedhock:

Great review, none the less, Daryn [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote: 
Quote:In summary, despite the construction flaws, I love the flavor of this cigar.  Overall experience I give the cigar 3.5 out of 7 stars but I will make subsequent reviews in the future.

Constrution flaws? I think the term "construction flaw" is an understatement in this case. Confusedhock:

Great review, none the less, Daryn [cigar]
If Pepin sees this cigar he could have a cow!
oh man did I have a Tat self distruct on me the other day. In all fairness it spent a week or 2 out of my humidor (accidentally) then about 1 week back in. It felt moist enough but the entire wrapper leaf fell off in huge chunks.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:oh man did I have a Tat self distruct on me the other day. In all fairness it spent a week or 2 out of my humidor (accidentally) then about 1 week back in. It felt moist enough but the entire wrapper leaf fell off in huge chunks.
Skip.as that the one you were smoking with me?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore