Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CigarJack and Doc on the warpath
You may have already heard me introduce the new audio segments by Jesse of CIgarJack.net on my SF5 podcast, but we are really serious about taking some cigar manufacturers to task for not providing consumers with relevant, accurate, or up-to-date information on their websites. So, Jesse has started a series of short audio reviews/ratings of cigar manufacturers websites and he is telling it like it is.

Also, I just published a related article that summarizes Jesse's findings thus far and I also added my own two cents in about what I have seen on those same websites. The article also contains links to the audio reviews. Thus far, Jesse has looked at Rocky Patel, CAO and Padilla.

Jesse and I will be figuring out a new rating scale so that we can create a list of the best and the worst manufacturers websites. So, stay tuned!

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:You may have already heard me introduce the new audio segments by Jesse of CIgarJack.net on my SF5 podcast, but we are really serious about taking some cigar manufacturers to task for not providing consumers with relevant, accurate, or up-to-date information on their websites. So, Jesse has started a series of short audio reviews/ratings of cigar manufacturers websites and he is telling it like it is.

Also, I just published a related article that summarizes Jesse's findings thus far and I also added my own two cents in about what I have seen on those same websites. The article also contains links to the audio reviews. Thus far, Jesse has looked at Rocky Patel, CAO and Padilla.

Jesse and I will be figuring out a new rating scale so that we can create a list of the best and the worst manufacturers websites. So, stay tuned!

Doc
I couldn't agree more with the Padilla site Doc, it is so out of date it's not funny.
I was on their site about 3 weeks ago, after viewing it I thought to myself, " why even bother?" The information is useless, and old hat. :?

Thank God they know how to make cigars though. Smile
Thank you every day for doing what you do Doc. Go get um! [spank]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

[user=480]fishhound[/user] wrote
Quote:Thank God they know how to make cigars though. Smile
It's true, they do make a great product and that is their saving grace. But, I do believe that in an era where there are a lot of people making some great cigars, the competition will get tougher than ever. In the future, every cigar manufacturer will need to explore every option to keep their products competitive and not to lose "market share."

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Cigars are BIG and growing.  I cannot imagine theses cigar companies not wanting to set up a great web site for information and marketing purposes.  Look at all who come to Stogie Chat seeking info.  I know when I am interested in a cigar I try to find the web site.  For the most part they are weak.
You would think by now they would know better and keep their sites up to date. To make money you need to spend a little.  
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore