Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100% Peruvian Tobacco?!
Yeah, that's right. Tabacalera del Oriente makes them and not only that, but they supply everybody else who uses Peruvian tobacco in their blends.

I just posted an interesting interview with Bruce Zeiler, one of the principals of TdO. It's an interesting story of a start-up tobacco company.

Enjoy!

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
I forgot to add that, according to Bruce Zeiler, Tabacalera del Oriente is the ONLY company producing tobacco in Peru. Therefore, whenever you see a cigar that has Peruvian tobacco in its blend, it has likely come from TdO.

Other cigars that use Peruvian tobacco in their blend:
CAO Italia
Saint Luis Rey Reserva Especial
Padilla Hybrid
El Original (islandsmokeshop.com)
Montecristo Serie C
CAO Mx2

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Very interesting doc.  So how would you describe the flavor profile of a peruvian puro made by them?  Is this something I need to seek out now...

Of course, we all know the answer to that qustion is YES!Tongue
macallan2 Wrote:Very interesting doc.  So how would you describe the flavor profile of a peruvian puro made by them?  Is this something I need to seek out now...

Of course, we all know the answer to that qustion is YES!Tongue
Short answer, this is a fine stogie. I am very impressed and so are my friends who have smoked them. All the details in my January 6 podcast.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
From another BOTL:

A quick search on CBID using the word "Peru" will reveal these other cigars with Peruvian tobacco,

Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro
Trinidad Maduro
Montecristo Platinum La Habana
Montecristo Media Noche
Gurkha Grand Age
Gurkha Black Dragon
5 Vegas Limitada '07

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com