Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest Humidifier?
I am trying to find the cheapest round floral foam humidifier. I have found one at $4/ea. The cheaper the better because I am going to fill them with beads. Bulk buys are okay.

Any help?
You can buy your own floral foam.  Doesn't get any cheaper than that.  Put in a small container and use distilled aqua.

$4.00?????  Seems high.   Have tried Wally world?
Why round? Does it countersink in a hole. I use the gel beads in everything and have been real creative. I have them in my cigar oasis too.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:Why round? Does it countersink in a hole. I use the gel beads in everything and have been real creative. I have them in my cigar oasis too.
cut it with a knife?
tafdom Wrote:Why round? Does it countersink in a hole. I use the gel beads in everything and have been real creative. I have them in my cigar oasis too.
I guess it doesn't really have to be round. Just something cheap to modify.
madurodave Wrote:You can buy your own floral foam.  Doesn't get any cheaper than that.  Put in a small container and use distilled aqua.

$4.00?????  Seems high.   Have tried Wally world?
I'm really just looking for the case. I will throw the foam away.
You have a Staebell Endtable, what are you working on if I might be so nosy?

I have some tubos that I punch holes with a dremel, plastic, metal or glass. Next time you go to the grocery they have small cheap tupperware things in many sizes that work great or a med bottle. You could even use a small drill bit. Good luck man. T

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I have drilled holes in an aluminum Tubo and filled it with pieces of green foam. It was a lot more work than I thought it would have been, then it looked crummier than I thought it would. It worked OK though, and since it was made from a cigar tubo, it fit right in.
tafdom Wrote:You have a Staebell Endtable, what are you working on if I might be so nosy?

I have some tubos that I punch holes with a dremel, plastic, metal or glass. Next time you go to the grocery they have small cheap tupperware things in many sizes that work great or a med bottle. You could even use a small drill bit. Good luck man. T
Good memory! My Dad and I have some cheap little humidors that we thought we could make half way decent with some beads. I would use one or two for easy singles access and my Dad only has a desktop and always needs more storage.
i use cedar cigar coffins filled with beads in my humidor. Rocky Patel's "A" coffins just happened to fit perfectly.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1