Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking in your car
I just got a new truck and since I have an hour or so drive to work 3 times a week I think it would be a good time to smoke a robusto or p.c.. I don't want to have my interior smelling like a pool hall though and was wondering if anyone has tried a plug in ozonator like a Csonka? C.I. has one for about $20. Do these things work?
Turn the fan on full blast and crack the driver side front window.  Make sure it is not on recirculation but keep it on vent.  If you dont put it on vent the smoke will get into your circulation system.  95% of the smoke will go right out the window.  Every vehicle is different, but this has worked in every one I have owned.  Sometime you have to adjust the fan directions and possibly a different window/sunroof.  The day after I smoke in my truck I cannot tell a cigar was smoked in there.  As far as ionizers, i would use one while I was driving, but that is just me.
i have found that any sort of fan, including ac & heat, gets smoke in the intake then it smells every time you turn it on.

If you do not have leather interior, forget it. It will smell like a pool hall and worse no matter what you do.

Yes, the air cleaners do work. But only in conjunction with open windows and leather interior.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:i have found that any sort of fan, including ac & heat, gets smoke in the intake then it smells every time you turn it on.

If you do not have leather interior, forget it. It will smell like a pool hall and worse no matter what you do.

Yes, the air cleaners do work. But only in conjunction with open windows and leather interior.
If you keep the fan on recirc, it will stink.  If you leave it on the "vent" setting it is much better, heat or A/C.  This setting is the key.  I have cloth seats and you would not be able to tell that I smoked a cigar after a couple of hours
Just dont do it IMHO......listen to musicBig GrinWink
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I actually used to smoke ALOT in my Maxima...before and after heading to Atlantic or a herf. It has cloth interior. I always crack a window and have a vent on. It did smell like cigars for maybe a few days if any...but that is it. Maybe cause I dont smoke everyday in it...but it DOES go away. I never used any air purifier. Now with my new E350, that has leather. I recently lit up a cigar in there to drive to Atlantic which is 5 mins away. I had the window cracked. After coming home and locking the car, I didnt drive it for maybe 2 days. When I went back in, it smelled like an ashtray with only 5 mins of smoking! LOL So I aired it out and sprayed a little cologne! Smile All better...
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
The spays from Bargainhumidors work great on fabric and better in the air.  Excellent for cars.  $5.00 or so for 750 squirts.  The fresh scent is perfect.
Maduro PiPs Wrote:I actually used to smoke ALOT in my Maxima...before and after heading to Atlantic or a herf. It has cloth interior. I always crack a window and have a vent on. It did smell like cigars for maybe a few days if any...but that is it. Maybe cause I dont smoke everyday in it...but it DOES go away. I never used any air purifier. Now with my new E350, that has leather. I recently lit up a cigar in there to drive to Atlantic which is 5 mins away. I had the window cracked. After coming home and locking the car, I didnt drive it for maybe 2 days. When I went back in, it smelled like an ashtray with only 5 mins of smoking! LOL So I aired it out and sprayed a little cologne! Smile All better...

cologne?

well, I have been smoking in all of my cars for over 25 years now. The advice I gave you is the best I have. And in many cases I was smoking in my ex-wife's car. Believe me, leaving a cigar odor in that car was simply not worth it.

Of course you should always try to expell the smoke out of a window. Not puff when you are not moving and the air is still. Use an ashtray not attached to the car and empty it immediately after use. Clean up all spilled ashes.
first off, i can't imagine smoking a stogie with the windows rolled up, no matter how many fans or ozone things. i'd pull a bon scott in no time...

i smoke once in a while in my cloth seated chevy pickup, window wide open (warmish weather minimum). the smell lingers for maybe a day or two, then it's gone... as long as the ashtray is emptied.
http://www.smokercandles.com/

Car Fresheners too...  Wink

Actually have a spray too, but its an aerosol which cannot be shipped unless its "HazMat", so we don't advertise them.