Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommendations
Alright so these are some of the cigars I have in my humidor currently:

Carlos Turano Exodus 1959, 5 Vegas, 5 vegas Gold, Leon Jimenes Maduro, LA 100 anos, Cohiba Red dot (Dominican), LA desde 1903, atruro fuente gran reserva, pryme gold series

Anyhow I kind of randomly select which cigars to buy, I try and do research online though. (The closest cigar shop to me is over an hour away)

Im looking for suggestions of good cigars to smoke. (Not really good for the money or a good buy, mostly I would like just any good cigar. If it happens to be cheap all the better, but that isnt a critia.)
My intro to premium cigars was La Gloria Cubana!  My wallet went downhill from there.
Just a few of the favorites of mine. San Cristobal by Ashton, AVO 787, LFD Coranado, Padron Anny Maduro, DPG (Don Pepin Garcia) Blue Lable, Tajuaje any, Fuente Anejo's.

search these boards for mention of the El Cobre. One of the top 10 for sure.

My personal favorite for a cheap smoke is the Cubita SMS

Mid range; Oliva Series V, CAO Brazilia, Almost anything by Litto Gomez (La Flor Dominicana)

If money is no object then the God of Fire, PAM, PAM 40, PAM 80

As far as Fuente, try their better smokes such as the 858, Don Carlos & Opus of course.

One thing to note, I like a cigar with a kick. Some of these may be too strong for you, but in time you will appreciate strong smokes too.
I would suggest trying as many cigars as you can from every cigar making country.  I had over 250 different cigars the first couple of years I smoked.  Now I know what I like, and what I think is crap.  I would start with some Fuente or Ashton products.
All these cigars that everyone mentioned are excellent cigars.  They are ones on my rotation.  However I suggested La Gloria Cubana cause it did not knock my socks off.  It was good, and gave me a baseline to go from.  I recommend the LA Gloria Wavell to start.

Ashtons are nice.  The Ashton Cabinet is excellent to start.  San Cristobal Guajiro is my favorite.  The Don Pepin Blue label was mentioned and that too is excellent.  I did not even consider Tatuaje for quite some time.  Big mistake!  Lot's of flavor but I would recommend waiting on that one.  The reason, smoke some of the other's first, then when you finally try one you will see it as a treat!

Good Luck.

Daryn
US_Tank Wrote:My intro to premium cigars was La Gloria Cubana!  My wallet went downhill from there.

yep, the wavell maduro is a great gar Wink, it is still a staple in my huimidor to this day!
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:My intro to premium cigars was La Gloria Cubana!  My wallet went downhill from there.

yep, the wavell maduro is a great gar Wink, it is still a staple in my huimidor to this day!
i read your review  on the wavell awhile back. just ran across them and bought a box. thanks Tom. SC3 i'll ley you know
steve047 Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:

i read your review  on the wavell awhile back. just ran across them and bought a box. thanks Tom. SC3 i'll ley you know

your gonna be happy with those Wink
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
 I second the Wavell. To add to the list Partagas Black, Partagas Spanish Rosado, Sancho Panza Dbl Maduro, Punch Rare Corojo, Pocky Patel Edges, Gran Habano. A few things that cost a little bit extra but are always stocked in my humi are. Don Pepin Garcia cigars because everything he touches is good. La Flor Dominicana(VIVA LITTO!!!), Oliva Series V and G. That should keep you smoking for awhile.Big Grin