Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fraud Alert! All Retailers!
BEWARE if you get orders with this shipping address!
We got about 6 today, from different names and credit cards all shipping to this address, all fraud. Thought I would give you all a heads up.

33 Foote Street
Old Orchard Beach
ME. 04064
Thanks!   Good information to pass along.   A true BOTL!
Your welcome,   these orders are coming from many different names and credit cards, but all shipping to the same addy... 

I'm not sure who your credit card processor is, but...  you may want to sign into your control panel and filter that persons IP.    You still get charged a fee even if the card declines.   I had a jerk in Kenya running cards, about 1000 of them overnight one time.  While the cards declined each time, I was charged 30 cents for every transaction via the gateway.    Cost me apx $300 which of course cannot be disputed because the gateway did their job, as well as the bank by declining the order.

Hard lesson to learn, but now its all automatically protected by many safeguards for IP, amounts, location, etc...

Smile
Wow, that sucks!

I dont use a gateway for processing, we process orders only when they are ready to ship, our website does not itself charge cards.

This is the reason we caught these guys, we process all orders by hand with our terminal

I do collect IP address's with our shopping cart though, so we were able to report all these to the police.
Got one of those today!!

Address    : 33 Foote street
 Address 2  :
 City       : Old Orchard Beach
 State      : MA
 Zip        : 04064
 Country    : USA

Express Mail....   lol!
Ok, got a couple more orders attempting to ship to that address.

IP addy: 
76.241.121.115   (AT&T)
12.219.150.199   (AT&T)

Any other retailers have information to pass along?? IP's???    All orders are requesting express shipping to the 33 Foote Street.