Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Crud
Since New Years all around me the germs abound. I have refused to kiss anyone since that midnight as they all seem to have colds.......Now I caught what we refer to as the Texas Crud...cough, chills, congestion...and I hate stopped up noses. Mine is too small to start with and barely adequate to breathe!! Damm Irish nose I inherited...As soon as the stores open ZICAM here I come....
I am ordering myself to the same cures I advise you all!!! -minus the blonde woman.... LOL

I'm just getting over it up here.  Some nasty stuff too!  I'd suggest you also get some Airborne.  It's a vitamin/mineral boost that's helpful through the sick time while your body's pretty much depleted.  I've been taking it for 4 days now and I'm almost back to 100% whereas most of my employees are still trying to hold down their food.  Good luck and get well.
Sorry to hear you've got the ickyuk. I just got over the same thing. As soon as I started feeling bad it was off to the store for some Zycam. Although here in Tennessee we also prescibe a healthy dose (about four  fingers) of Tennessee bug killer (also known as Jack Daniels). It does'nt make you get well any quicker, you just don't really care. Hope you get well soon.
Damn, I got a sore throat Fri and started a dosepac. Sorry for the funk. I am a horrible patient anyway and don't do well feeling worse. LOL

Weekly US map update from the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Thanks for all the advice...am hitting all the remedies and then some!! Cognac substituted for the whisky, and feel like hammered road kill but told I dont look so bad. Had an interview I had to do today, and came home and back to the electric blanket, and flannal pj's...makes a lovely minds eye pic huh? Its so friggin cold for Texas right now...almost a week of below freezing at night and daytime too..Sucks...by the way I hate winters!!
well, I seemed to catch this one as well.  After classes today (which I skipped on Mon b/c of this) I will spin the wheel and pick up one or more of these remedies.  Not sure how my wife would appreciate the blond, though, since she's not one.  Maybe a good blonde ale would substitute nicely Big Grin