Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks to nurses and first responders
I debated for a while whether I should write about this or not, as I tend to be private about my own life, but in the end I just wanted to share this because it’s been on my mind ever since my mom told me what happened.

My mom had surgery this past Tuesday to remove a benign tumor from her jaw area. Since it was a delicate surgery—there are a lot of nerve endings and muscles in that area—her doctors wanted her to stay overnight in the hospital. The surgery went well, but my mom nearly died in the recovery area because the anesthesiologist unknowingly overdosed her, and she wouldn’t wake up. Several attending nurses caught it by chance and took measures to save her life. Had these dedicated nurses not caught my mom’s deteriorating situation in time and had my mom not been as physically strong as she is, she would have died and I would now be traveling to Southern California to make funeral arrangements. Thankfully, she is well on her way to full recovery and will be up and around in a few days.

I hear what Bill’s wife often has to do as part of her job, a lot things I would not have the stomach for, but the very next thing she says is how much she loves her job. I am grateful for all of these nurses and all of our first responders (paramedics, firemen, police officers, etc.), without whom many of us would not be here. Thank you for what you do! You have my deepest respect. Tomorrow, I am meeting up with a guy from my Masonic lodge who is an RN, and I am buying him a beer.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"

Messages In This Thread
Thanks to nurses and first responders - by The Diamond Lion - 06-11-2011, 01:44 AM