Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A special SC occasion on May 18
Heart 
Well, this certainly qualifies as an "Other Gathering" and is kind of a throwback coming full circle.

Those of you who have been around for a few years will remember our very own Sergio - he went by Sergione here...    There are many things to say and many stories to tell about past herfs and other events that we have attended together over the years.   He was perhaps first and best known as half of the Churros y Puros with Jebus a/k/a Stands And Looks Back.   The were at the very early end of the youtube cigar review timeline, and that evolved into some rather varied and great conversations and only these two guys could create.

Over the past 12+ years, they have become very good friends, and we have had more fun..  from the Turducken Herf with Marcelo to attending Doc's Herf every year together up until 2 years ago when it was put to bed.  These guys are my little brothers.

Sergio doesn't have his login here (which to those of us that know him, is not shocking lol), so he has given me permission to share some news.

This weekend, on May 18, Sergio and his fiancée Xochi will be married outside of Los Angeles.   I have met Xochi on more than one occasion, and let me tell you guys, Sergio really lucked out.   She is a great woman, and they make a wonderful couple.

The second part of this news is deeply personal to me.   Quite a while back, Sergio and Xochi honored me by asking them to be their Officiant.  I was and still am deeply touched by this profound honor, and I look forward to contributing to their special day through my performance of their bilingual ceremony.

(For those of you keeping track, this is actually my second SC wedding...   I performed the ceremony for PO and his wife about 8 years ago.)

Please join me in wishing them a wonderful and blessed union.  While they are not particularly religious, I will be praying for them, and ask for you to do the same if you are so inclined.

I also ask for you to wish me well and offer your prayers that I may perform my important duties well on this very special day.

I don't know how much time I'll have to take pics, but will certainly upload any that I can get.

Messages In This Thread
A special SC occasion on May 18 - by MaytagMan - 05-13-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: A special SC occasion on May 18 - by EvilAsh - 05-14-2019, 06:02 AM
RE: A special SC occasion on May 18 - by Tonto - 05-14-2019, 08:15 AM
A special SC occasion on May 18 - by Benfishin1 - 05-14-2019, 08:50 AM
RE: A special SC occasion on May 18 - by Teck1337 - 05-16-2019, 12:05 AM
RE: A special SC occasion on May 18 - by Lurch - 05-18-2019, 09:43 AM
RE: A special SC occasion on May 18 - by EvilAsh - 05-22-2019, 06:52 AM
A special SC occasion on May 18 - by Benfishin1 - 05-22-2019, 08:43 AM