Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest victim of the economy
I've feared it for a few months now, but my position was determined to be worthy of cutting, so I have been let go from my job as of yesterday. It really sucks because in 10 full years after college, this was the first job I'd ever had that I felt like I was one of the dumbest people in there. I mean, the people I dealt with were top notch and I grew a lot professionally having worked with them.

I was being separated because they had nothing open that fits my experience thus far, but it just so happens they have a manager training position in California that I really want. I've wanted to pursue that career path for a year now, but when I interviewed for the job 2 years ago, I gave my word that I would commit to 3 years with them before moving on in the world. This position would interview people with vice presidents and an executive vice president for the job. I want to land an interview because I really enjoyed the company and the work I was doing.

Granted, my termination had nothing to do with work performance. It was merely a formality of cutting heads and how they are reorganizing virtually every department out there as the company has cut approximately 30% of its workforce in the last 9-10 months.

I want to contact the hiring VP and land the interview for the job. One of my strategies will obviously be that I know how the company works and my previous role would be valuable in the new position. In addition, my thoughts were to show I wanted to prove myself enough that I would be to pay me $0.01 for the first 30 days to let me prove myself (provided they paid my expenses obviously). If after 30 days I haven't proven that I'm worthy of keeping, I'll come back home no questions asked. I'd also be leaving my wife and 3 kids behind during the period, so that's another sacrifice I want to prove to them.

Does that offer seem to you to be the type of attitude they'd want in a candidate or do you think it's a move they would view of desperation? Your thoughts???

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by forgop - 07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
[No subject] - by Jimmie the Mum - 07-16-2009, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by MaytagMan - 07-17-2009, 12:45 AM
[No subject] - by BigE - 07-17-2009, 01:08 AM
[No subject] - by carl609 - 07-17-2009, 02:03 AM
[No subject] - by crowb8 - 07-17-2009, 07:43 AM
[No subject] - by -PO- - 07-17-2009, 09:19 AM
[No subject] - by US_Tank - 07-17-2009, 09:39 AM
[No subject] - by Vitamin G - 07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
[No subject] - by forgop - 07-18-2009, 11:32 AM